The Shimmerverse 354 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
Evowizard25
Group Admin

Equestria is home to many gods and pantheons, many of which are the leading gods of other nations but are somewhat worshiped in parts of Equestria due to Equestria's freedom of worship, which is encouraged by Celestia herself. Three main pantheons, however, primarily make their home in Equestria. The Greek/Roman pantheon is worshiped by the humans of Equestria who make up a sizable portion of the population and have greatly influenced the country. Thusly, many Equestrians worship them as well. Not to mention the Northern {Norse} pantheon that the Northern pony tribes revere highly and those of the Babylonian city.

However, for this, we are looking at some more homegrown gods of Equestria who make Equestria their primary home and such, here is a look at some of them.

1: Celestia

God of: Sun, Motherhood

Short bio: Ruler of Equestria, Celestia is considered Equestria's 'Mom'. Anyone who has met her can confirm this. Even the rest of the gods in her own pantheon, who she does her best to guide the younger gods. For thousands of years she has ruled and is one of the strongest and oldest gods of the Shimmerverse given her power and experience.

2: Mahou Tanoshii

God of: Magic, Archery

Short bio: Daughter of Amaterasu, she was taken under Celestia's wing and encouraged to try her hand at being a goddess given her potential. She was quick to reach it and while she is still a young goddess who does tend to bumble about, she is still eager to help out her fellow pantheon members.

3: Skraxkrolk Ironfinger

God of: Science, Trickery

Short bio: An ascended member of the strong Skaven clans of Equestria that Celestia took in, he embodies a lot of the good and bad of his race. He is cunning and supportive of endeavors in science but also that of trickery. He does have the habit of attempting to trick his fellow gods, but hasn't had much luck.

4: Cadance

God of: Beauty, Love

Short bio: The youngest of the gods, but no less powerful. She is bright and playful, loving the feel of new love in the air. She has a habit of doing her best to pair up others, something she learned all too well from her mentor god, Eros. She also fell in love with a mortal, like her mentor Eros.

5: Snowdrop

God of: Snow, Crafting

Short bio: A more recluse goddess, she usually inhabits the cold north, interacting with the Norse pantheon and northern pony tribes regularly. While she is blind, she is a master crafter and the pony who designed snowflakes which originally were just puffs of snow. She was originally friends with Luna, but fell out due to the latter's fall to darkness.

6: Aria Blaze

God of: Music, Sea

Short bio: After Chrysalis's defeat against Equestria and the subsequent collapse of the Changeling Empire, the three siren siblings, daughters of Chrysalis, had a falling out on their next course of action. Aria, not wishing to continue the conflict, fell out from her sisters and was spared the banishment of her sister's by Starswirl. She is one of the few gods in the pantheon to be older then Celestia {the others being Moochick, Haydon, and Fluttershy} She eventually had a number of children, each one becoming minor gods of a single type of music.

7: Moochick

God of: Wisdom, Construction

Short bio: The mentor of Celestia and many of the heroes of Equestria, the old and wise Moochick isn't especially powerful or clever, but always has some bit of information to aid others and help calm them. As well, he is brilliant at completing constructions quickly and many of Equestria's greatest architectures owe him thanks.

8: Haydon

God of: Night, Sky

Short bio: While she was once just a queen of the gargoyles, she bore the dreaded Tirek and was cursed with immortality because of it. Eventually, she did ascend to godhood and became a part of Equestria. After the defeat of Nightmare Moon, she formed with Celestia's help, a city state in the likes of the Crystal Empire where she rules and where worship of the night is more open and safe, though in recent years Celestia has helped her ponies become less fearful of the night. Haydon, given that her state is still a part of the Equestrian Empire, has a sway in the politics of her nation and those around her.

9: Pinkie Pie

God of: Parties, Change

Short bio: Another young god, she has the honor of being the first Changeling Queen to ascend to godhood. {Though Chrysalis is still considered the god of the changelings.} She is bubbly and loves to party. It is because of her that the changelings of her kingdom no longer hunger and did change into their new forms, but still she goes around spreading cheer and friendship wherever she goes. Her mentor, the last remnant of Chrysalis herself, finds her both amusing and agitating to deal with.

10: Aelius Scutum

God of: War, Justice

Short bio: The sword and shield of the Equestrian Pantheon. This human, under the tutelage of Ballona, was able to ascend to godhood and has since hence done his best to ensure that Equestria, the home of him and his people, stays safe.

11: Cassie

God of: Rivers, Mind

Short bio: A strange creature of the wilds, she came into the pantheon after a few mishaps. She has since apologized for her intrusions in the minds of many and has been welcomed as a nice little goddess in her own right.

12: Fluttershy

God of: Nature, Protection

Short bio: A recluse who spurns the presence of mortals as she has come to hate them, she rarely leaves her forests and wilds of Equestria. It is said that she was given godhood by the Tree of Harmony itself and is its guardian. The only time she ever leaves her wilds is to come to the meeting of the rest of the gods, though she still isn't the most sociable even then.

So is Mahou Tanoshii an OC or based off of someone.

I would say Chibiterasu but that he is a son of Amaterasu than a daughter

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Do you think someone might make an MLP version of American Gods, based on this?

Evowizard25
Group Admin

OC I made for this line up. {I am wondering how I ended up with a dislike already. Did I do something wrong with this lineup?}

I haven't watched that show, so I wouldn't know.

Well, you can check out some clips on YouTube! :pinkiehappy:

I'd chalk it up to a troll, cause if that person did not like this specific post or you did something wrong with this lineup they would have the institution to voice their displeasure rather then anonymously dislike it just to spite.

So does the C.H.I. More or less respect others who live in Equestria who worship gods other than Celestia, and what if they hold them to a higher pedestal then her?

Have Odin, Athena, and Moochick ever faced off against eachother in a battle of wits? And if they have, who won?!

Evowizard25
Group Admin

They are respective of those who worship other gods and such, as long as they keep the order. In a way, it's similar to how the Romans treated the religions of others. They honestly didn't care, so long as they honored the Emperor {in this case, Celestia} and paid tribute to her and the more native gods from time to time.

Possibly and it would be hard to say.

One: Solomon wasn't an option.
Two: As far as we know, he doesn't even exist in this universe.

Another thing, who is the father, aka Amaterasu's husband

Evowizard25
Group Admin

While she did have children in mythology with her brother {standard mythological practice}, she did have an affair with a kitsune samurai. She never married him as it was more of an open friendly (sexual) relationship. They are still friends, but just not 'romantically' involved in a sense.

what color is she(Amaterasu in kitsune form) stereotypical orange, white or something else?

Evowizard25
Group Admin

Primarily white with red markings. {Sort of like the ones we see in Okami, though on a large multi-tailed fox}

Is Cadence still a virgin, or does she not believe in "No sex before marriage"

Evowizard25
Group Admin

Cadance a virgin? She is not a virgin and neither does she believe you have to wait to have sex before marriage. Marriage to her is just a ceremony that couples perform if they so wish. While she loves 'em, she doesn't find them necessary.

Oh, okay. *mumbles about having to rewrite something*

Evowizard25
Group Admin

Do you want me to look over it? I might be of help

It's not a big deal, besides i'm almost done with the chapter, should have it ready by tomorrow

Do the gods bleed Ichor (golden blood)?

Evowizard25
Group Admin

Well, MLP has a strong emphasis on Greek Mythology and derives a lot of inspiration from it so yeah.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22