The Shimmerverse 354 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So far the Shimmerverse has crossed over with characters from 4 different Equestrias or "Storyverses" in some cases, the following stories that do this are:

Shimmering Sunsets-Sunsetverse(Possibly Canon)
The Bridge: A Shimmer in the Dark-Amalgamverse
Shimmy Shorts: Fire and Flames-Flareverse
Alternate Realities-Unknown Equestria Girls World

And with these crossovers establishing that these other stories exist alongside the Shimmerverse, I feel like we should make a proper set of rules for any future crossovers with other stories as so canon doesn't freeze over.

Evowizard25
Group Admin

5506466 Yeah, most likely. I'm open to suggestions as of now.

5506701 Hmmm? What about them?

Well first off, we should take into account that when a universe that crosses over with this one, and it latter does a crossover with another universe, or has done so already, should those other stories be part of the multiverse by proxy.

This is important because other stories have their own way of interpreting the multiverse, if we were to come into contact with another story that portrays the multiverse differently, how would we solve this.

Proposal Omniverse. The Omniverse can be defined as many different multiverses existing, and encompassing all of the stories and multiverses that make contact, separated only by what are known as Quantum membranes.

Also small little thing, it has been established that certain show characters have different parents or siblings, like Vinyl is Diamond Tiara's sister, and Cadence is apparently Daring Do's daughter as opposed to their usual portrays in fiction.

How would this be explained from not just a biological point of view, but a multiversal perspective.

Evowizard25
Group Admin

5507564 The Shimmy shorts are basically cannon. Aus is very good at keeping his stuff within the universe and frequently asks me questions to make sure. It probably won't be brought up in one of my own stories, aside from maybe a passing remark, but for now, canon.

Shimmering Sunsets, well, to be honest as I look back on it there are some things I should have done differently or I might later decide to change some bits of canon I put in there. It matters since some of the facts I made on the fly. Most of them were already established facts, so it's not so bad. As well, me and Whiteeyes haven't contacted each other in quite some time. Perhaps one day we'll continue, but until then I consider this story sub-canon. Cannon unless I override it later.

5506812 Sounds interesting but I don't understand the last question. Like, are you asking how these changes took place?

Evowizard25
Group Admin

5507842 I'll explain in future stories or blogs

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8