Among the Infected (Resident Evil Group) 233 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

I was playing couch coop on Rev 2 with my best friend last week, and we were having a blast. But while playing, I had a thought about hiw a new player to Resident Evil would think playing this game for the first time.

So with that being said, what was your first entry into Resident Evil and what was your impression of it.

5114035 Resident Evil 0. Personally I didn't like it.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

5114150 youre not the only one that didnt like xero. Whyd you stick around?

5114238 Well then I played the Resident evil remake and RE4.

I remember playing resident evil 1 and 2 back when 2 first came out. Dogs breaking through windows gave me nightmares. Loved the series ever since.

5114035 First game was Resident Evil Director's cut on the PS2 way back in the days of 2003, loved it, minus the damn dogs scaring the everliving shit outta me.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

5115698 wow, playing the Directors Cut in 2003? was it a handmedown?

I forgot to add my own.

My first game was REsident Evil 4, but I need to explain it a little.

I always "knew" what Resident Evil was, it was the super scary game you saw in Blockbuster with the M rating. It was that thing everyone always said was used as a basis for Zombies in spoof games like Timesplitters. But I didn't really experience Resident Evil until About 07 when, while traveling, we stopped at a house of my Brother's friend, and his brother in turn took us into the Basement and he started playing his gamecube (I had my own as well, but I usually played Medal of Honor and Smash Bros) and I watched him play Resident Evil 4, from the gates of the castle all the way up to the encounter with Ada in the maze.

Watching it was awesome, but I didn't understand anything that was happening. I wanted to know more about it, but this was before every series had a Wikia, So I was just stuck with a strategy guide I saw in a Barnes and Noble.

So I stuck with it, and years later, I walked into BestBuy with my dad and decided to go buy Resident Evil 4 for my Gamecube and get the strategy guide.

This was in the Summer, and I remember this so well because I was playing the game on the Forth of July in the garage on the TV while the room was so humid you could drown an horse in it. It was fun, and I was fucking petrified playing through it the first time.

After that, I went out and bought the rest of the series for my gamecube, and while it has had its ups and down, I don't regret it for a second.

5117203 The console was the hand me down, I found RE director's cut in a pawn shop for like $5, worth it.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

5117228 Sweet, I bought a PS2 for 20 dollars and got the Director's cut for 10 on Ebay.

5114035 My first entry was one of the more recent and action-oriented titles. 4 or 5; can't remember which. I'm just gonna go with 5 since I liked it more.

I liked the game a lot, and to this day still play it. The game isn't so hard it's unenjoyable, Sheva's a kickass partner, the number and variety of enemies is fairly dynamic, and it's overall a really good game.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11