The European Brony League 122 members · 619 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Things are getting a bit stale here. With this in mind, I do propose the following entertainment...

Idea exchange. Now, I don`t necessarily mean a hard-priced barter or any kind, mind. Simply a place to put ideas to, and check out what kind of ideas the other people have.

Unfortunately, as much as I`d like to make this an "anything goes" event... it`s not quite feasible. So here are some barebones rules to abide to.

1) Do not post anything that goes against the group rules.
2) The format for posting is as follows - a snippet of story directly connected to the idea and, optionally, a complete explanation of idea afterwards. Explanation is optional, but snippet is not.
3) If you like someone else`s idea and want to use it, be sure to get their permission and give due credit. No one likes a copycat.
4) Yes, it is OK to post an excerpt from a story you`ve already published, if your idea is mentioned there. Try not to overdo it, though.
5) Yes, it is cool to post an excerpt and offer people to try and guess what kind of idea is it gonna be. Do provide an answer eventually, though.
6) Yes, it`s cool to post a response that comments on the snippet posted. DO use the "reply" button of the snippet you`re commenting on, though, to avoid any confusion.

With that in mind... Looking forward to seeing your ideas. I`m going to post a couple of mine as a start-up.

I like it!

Seems like a good idea. :pinkiehappy:

Will do some as well.

This idea is free for use:

Ponies react to My Little Pony

Ponies learn that there is another world (Earth) and that tentacle-hooved aliens are watching their every move. Some Earth's objects find their way to Equestria (e.g. Pink Celestia toy). They even get a copy of alien surveillance.

Edit: A snippet:

Twilight Sparkle managed to close the portal, but not before some of the material from the other universe found its way onto her library floor.

Shuffling her hoof through the rubble she found a thin circular shiny disk. She would never know it's usage or purpose, all she could do is read the writings in the center of it: "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"

"You`ve had Odic Flu, Twilight." - she offered calmly, folding her hooves, - "You probably don`t remember anything from the last year. That`s OK, though. Trixie expected you to, and prepared many mementos that will help you remember." Nodding resolutely, she raised her hoof, as Twilight tried to say something. "Ah, ah, ah. If you`d please give Trixie a chance to finish speaking?..." - she proffered, giving Twilight a frown that lavender mare could not interpret as anything but comically exaggerated, - "...That`s better. First of all, and most important right now? Trixie and Twilight have had been in relationship since about half a year ago. Which is why Trixie is looking after you right now."

Twilight`s mouth slowly closed as the question died on her lips. Instead, she gave Trixie a small but genuine frown as she considered her situation. Odic Flu, indeed, had a habit of playing havoc with the memories of those unfortunate enough to contract it. And it also was most prominent among unicorns. However, and this was a big however, she was very much uncertain if this was not just one elaborate prank.

"What day is it now?" - she demanded after a brief consideration. Checking the calendar quickly, Trixie returned - "The seventeenth of Sun`s Height. You`ve fallen unconscious on the twenty ninth of Second Seed and remained deaf to the world through whole of Mid Year. Trixie`s been taking care of you. Thankfully, you told Trixie it it was Odic Flu before losing consciousness, so Trixie knew what to do."

That much did not contradict what Twilight could recall about Odic Flu. A nasty arcane disease that incapacitated ponies for months and wiped out the recent memories, striking seemingly on random, but always - those who actively practiced magic. In the old times, it was called "The Bane of Mages", and the name was wholly deserved. However...

Idea: In this one, Twilight seemingly wakes up after having been sick with a flu notorious for causing memory lapses. But is it really so? In fact - no. She had a regular flu. The rest of the story? A complete and utter fabrication by Trixie. The compulsive and consummate liar. If something could be said for Trixie, though - it`s a lie borne out of the kindest feelings.

"...Come in." - Celestia was curious. She had a good hunch as to whom might have had visited her so late, but it was still a strange turn of events. What could have Luna possibly have told to Twilight to prompt her faithful student to seek teacher`s advise on so abruptly? True enough, the door opened just a little and lavender mare slipped into the room. "Oh, I`m sorry... I forgot it`s late..." - she offered sheepishly, taking in the regal nightshirt and nightcap that adorned Celestia`s form.

Chuckling, Celestia gestured to the pillow on the floor, taking a sit at another gingerly, - "That`s quite alright, Twilight. I haven`t gone to bed yet, just catching up on some reading." Nodding, unicorn sat down, her hooves crossing as she looked up. That... Hm. Celestia remembered the moods and poses of her faithful student quite vividly. That particular pose meant that Twilight had questions. Uncomfortable questions. "I take it things with Luna didn`t go well?" - she offered calmly.

- Well... No, not really. She refused to attend. But, um... she also said many things that... that I need to ask you about. Is that true that festival began before her exile?
- ...Yes, I believe so. Of course, both things happened around the same time, so...
- That`s what I wanted to ask you about, princess Celestia. Nightmare Moon festival seems to be rather... well, arbitrarily dated. It`s not celebrated on the day of Exile. So if it`s not Nightmare Moon herself that prompted this holiday, how did it came to be?

Idea: In the aftermath of Nightmare Night, it seemed that Luna started to have fun. But what if it was just pretense? What if she really, really, really hates the festival?

"...Alright, so what do I do, exactly?" - quipped Rainbow Dash, poking the pot with hoof dubiously, - "I`m not much for cooking, you know." Applejack snorted. "Ah suppose you ain`t. But that`s alright, `cause we ain`t cooking anythang." Pegasus turned around, peering at other pony curiously - "So what`s with the pot? And the bonfire?"

Applejack carefully positioned iron grill over the fire, nudging it with place with a poker. "We`re gonna be making hooch." - she said, testing the grill with a light buck, - "Ah`ve nevah done that by meself, so ah`m gonna need some help for sure." Rainbow Dash stepped back from the fire - "Hooch? What, like hard cider or something?" - she questioned, cautiously but with a hint of interest. Orange mare shook her head a bit - "Naw, hard cider`s all `bout squeezin` and fermentin`. Not distillatin`. We`re gonna be makin` real hard stuff t`night."

"Oh hay, yeah, that reminds me. Why do we have to do this at night?" - asked pegasus curiously, as she rolled the pot closer - "Won`t it be easier to do by daylight?" Applejack shrugged - "Grampy always made hooch at night. Ah`m guessin` it has somethang ta do with tha moon, given folks call it moonshine and so." That sounded good enough for Rainbow Dash, so she quieted down, pushing the pot on top of bonfire cautiously. "Alright, it`s set, AJ. What now?" - she quipped, giving pot a light buck to make sure it was stable.

Idea: Rainbow Dash and Applejack - moonshining for fun and profit.

Don`t forget to provide a snippet of story to show how`d you handle this idea. Or a bit of it.

His sleep, however, was annoying disrupted by the faint screaming of fillies in the distance, which appeared to be getting louder as he listened. Grumbling, he slowly got up and began scanning the horizon through the orchard, and slowly but surely he spotted two, no, three young fillies running and screaming at noone in particular. He also spotted that the pegasus filly had a spoon of some sort, slung over her shoulder, while the white unicorn was wearing a pot over her head

Not gonna give a description. Let's see if anyone can figure out the general idea of what's going on here.

>Trixie wiping out Twilight's memory.

This reminds me of Trixie Wants to be an Alicorn Princess to where Trixie uses an amulet to the same effect and makes Twilight her servant.

Ah, you misunderstood. Trixie has merely lied to Twilight about Twilight having had a memory-wiping disease. As well as about the relationship they have had.

3089859 Oh, I see now. :facehoof:

I wonder what Twilight did to her after she learned the truth. :pinkiecrazy:

I haven`t figured out that part just yet.

3095391 That's the easy part, though. I already have 20 chapters of ideas for that, so you shouldn't have any trouble with it either.

Well, moon`s glory. Interesting, indeed. He leaned on the bar stand to see better. No doubt about it. Trixie. "Hey, Moonshine. Still poisoning society?" - she offered quietly, hopping on the stool casually. "Hey there, beaut. Yah, still around. Disappointing, no?" - he offered with a little smile. He rather liked Trixie. In a "you`re a bastard like me" kinda way. Of course, there was this little fact she was a backroom regular customer. And sometimes an employee as well. And batshit crazy. And had cute flanks - though Moonshine couldn`t quite recall what was stallion supposed to do about those, he wouldn`t mind trying to figure it out again one day. But most of all, he was interested because Trixie was a gifted and diverse crook for hire - when she was looking for business, that is.

"New management here, so tread lightly." - he offered, nodding back to the shelf - "Care for a cold one?" "I`d rather have a hot one." - she retorted, leaning on the stand, bits clanging against the hard wood - "Add just a dash of sugar, will you?" Her winking and the amount of bits left him with no doubt about the kind of sugar she desired. Nodding, Moonshine began preparing a glass of Caifé Gaelach. "New management, huh? What happened to old man Nightly?" Stallion snorted - "Kicked the bucket last spring. Nephew took over. Loony."

"Loony, huh? Now, ain`t that a careless thing to call your boss?" - she teased, her nose twitching as she inhaled the aroma of coffee. "I wish. No, is his name." - he replied gruffly, measuring out the whiskey. Trixie snorted loudly - "..What? You`re bullshitting me, right?" He slid the glass toward the mare with a scowl - "No joke." Trixie sniggered, taking a cautious sip from the glass - "Oh... yeah, that`s the thing... But what the hay, who calls their kid Loony? So... tell me, is he really bucked in the head or what?"

Looking around cautiously, Moonshine opined - "Yah, he is. Got head for business, though. But crazy. Always goes on about moon this and moon that... Лунатик чокнутый." Shrugging, Trixie sipped her glass again, little twitches running over her body as it took an effect on her - "Well, that`s just ducky. Here I was hoping old man would have me an odd job or two, and.... Meh." Moonshine straightened up suddenly, his mouth curling in rare grin - "Job, you say? Loony is looking. Big job, I hear. Pays well." Downing the remains of her drink, Trixie giggled softly - "Spill the beans, Moonshine. What`s the job, what`s the pay?"

He glanced around again, furtively - "Nyet. Backroom business." Trixie wrinkled her nose - "Oi, get real. Do I ever do other kinds of business?" Moonshine was having none of it, though - "I said, nyet! Besides, do not know the details. If you`re in, wait in the back or come back in afternoon." She stood up, intent on leaving, then suddenly doubled over the bar stand, overcame by a giggle fit. Glancing around nervously, Moonshine pushed her off, and half-led, half-dragged her into the backroom. "The things I do for bits." - he muttered, depositing the giggling mare on the old futon in the back, - "You stay here!"

Idea: Trixie, a crook for hire. Also, hopelessly addicted to moonsugar.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14