Denizens of Amala 40 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
G-man64
Group Admin

I know this is a generic question, but I'm not really asking it to ask a question. I'm asking to tell you all what it is to me.

As I've said before Devil Survivor Overclocked was my first game in the SMT series and I will DIE saying not only it's my faverite in the series but my faverite game EVER! Why? It's not so much the game itself but what it is for me.

It keeps me sane. Look I have emotional problems I anger easily. But no matter how mad, sad, or whatever I am Overclocked always acts as a mood equaliser for me. It always makes me feel good again.

So for me Shin Megami Tensei is about sanity it keeps my emotions in check. Without it there's times I know for a FACT! That I would have f:yay:cked up massively on more than one occassion without this game, and this game was my gateway into the series.

So that's what it is for me. What about everyone else? What's this series mean to you?

2958622 it's a humbling game.
I feel cocky in my abilities as a gamer, I get my ass kicked in SMT 4. You gotta super strategise, planning your team and stats, and fusion and skills makes things super confusing. It's a hard RPG series (I like to think dark souls before dark souls existed) but it's an awesome feeling when you kill that one boss, or fuse those daemons together, or get to that next part in the story. It's awesome!

2958622 can't really reply yet gotta wait and get nocturne so this is my place holder comment now :flutterrage: STARE AT FLUTTERSHY!!!:flutterrage:

:yay:

G-man64
Group Admin

Nintendo Hard my friend. Most compines have abandoned it but Atlus still wants to make games that will kick your a:yay: for hours on end. But they're not unbeatable you know you just need to work harder. When you climb that hill you feel so great. It's not just SMT look at any series from them (personally it's Trauma Center that beats me). They want you to play hard, and not stop until you can declare you beat the game. Then you feel so fulfilled. Atlus we salute you (if we had a rainbow salute icon like we really need) and your mission to give us games to beat us to a pulp to prove we're real gamers... Here's a song to explain what I'm saying.

(As a side note I know EVERY GAME they're talking about I wish I could give them a spin (except Mega Man (and Mario of course) I already play the hell out of that))

I just got mine out of pure luck. But I understand you can't know what a game stands for in your mind until you experience it.

2959201 thank you for your understanding i promise after a week or so after i get nocturne i will alter the post until then i bid you adeu may you always have a spare item and may your opponents grow fat off of sugary breads.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5