Denizens of Amala 40 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
G-man64
Group Admin

We weren't just born fans of this series. So this is a thread to tell us all how you were first introduced to Shin Megami Tensei.

For me it was during the summer of 2011. I was browsing the 3DS E-shop and saw the trailer for Devil Survivor Overclocked

I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. When my Birthday rolled around I ended up going on a wild goose chase to actually find it (that's how I learned to always pre-order a SMT game). But in the end it was worth it. To this day I can say it might be my absolute favorite game. It acts as a great mood equalizer for me no matter how sad or angry I am it always brings me back to normal.

2780275 I first played Devil Survivor 2, which I had received as a birthday present.
A friend had told me about the series before that though.

G-man64
Group Admin

I LOVE that one also. I remember putting it down for nine months out of frustration of a certain boss though. Came back grinded Loki and whooped him. I gotta finish my second playthrough.

2781390 I bought SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked. I went law route, but couldn't beat the final boss rush.:ajsleepy:

G-man64
Group Admin

I remember the challenge I had doing that. So I buckled down and grinded. I'll always remember the day I beat it. It was October, 23, '11. I remember because when I finally did it I had the re-peat of Lesson Zero on as background noise. Such a great day for me.

I would say the Persona games were my first experience. Saw X Play review Persona 3, and I thought it looked good. Got Persona 3 FES, and I immediately loved it.

my first SMT titled game experience was when I borrowed a game from a friend, it was titled Persona 3 and not I own the Fes version but still it is awesome to have my own copy with a add-on to the story.

My first experience with SMT was an ad for IV, but my first game was Devil Survivor Overclocked, which I got about a month ago. I was playing on easy, underestimated my foe and now I'm seriously unprepared for Jezebel. Started a whole new playthrough, I'm laying on normal and found that the game is much easier when I actually put the effort into level grinding. I heard the series was hard, but I learned it the hard way!

I remember seeing stuff for Persona 4 on tumblr...But, for some reason, it hadn't quite caught my eye that much yet, at least consciously.

First SMT Franchise game was Persona 5, and, that was pretty awesome, if annoying at times.

...I have an odd relationship with SMT IV Apocalypse now, but, it got me through mid-2018.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9