The Unwarranted Congratulations Group 47 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

RomanceRandomSlice of LifeTeen

Twilight discovers that living in a library occasionally means other ponies will want to check out books.

Now, the whole 'Twilight Sparkle eats peaches' craze may not have gone over well with a lot of users on this site, but authors loved it and it did spark a lot of stories. Unfortunately, all of the stories in that bandwagon got hated on because they were in that bandwagon. That's a shame, because many of them are quite good and a lot of fun to read. Well, that just means that there are hidden gems to find, and this story is definitely one of them.

What we have here is a nice little slice-of-life story about two ponies who meet for the first time. It starts off as a normal encounter, but a little flirting later and it's perfectly clear that Peaches is intent on checking out a bit more than just some library books. I must say, Twilight is really cute when she's crushing on Peaches and trying to hide her embarrassment.

One might think that Spike should be annoyed with Twilight by the way he was ordered around in this story, but the ending shows just how much he truly cares for her. It's quite heartwarming, and a good way to end this short piece of fiction.

GOOD JOB!

3901091 >a legitimately good bandwagon fic
:rainbowderp:What has this world become?!

ocalhoun
Group Admin

Wait... so this is deserved praise?

That's not what this group is about! :raritydespair: This group is for praising terrible fanfics!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. You know, I didn't really mean to get in on the whole peaches craze, but that title suddenly occurred to me, then the basic story idea, and I knew I had to do it. As I recall, it was slow at work, and I basically wrote it between calls there, and I actually published it on a tablet with my hotspot because I was in the middle of moving.

It got a lot of downvotes, but as far as I could tell, most were due to having peaches in the title and I expected them.

I'll admit, I was kind of going "I got a notification for which fic?", because no one's read it in a long time.

Well, this fanfic got a bunch of unwarranted downvotes, so I figured it could do with some unwarranted praise as well. :pinkiehappy:

--arcum42

Perhaps you'd like to write a review, then? This group's been around for months and waiting to see anything from it has been, well...

As long as the review is overly positive, I don't think it matters. Besides, the story was in the request folder.

I gotta say, I love that gif.

You could always split them up, where you do the warranted ones, and ocalhoun does the unwarranted ones. You could go for Special Talents next... :scootangel:

--arcum42

ocalhoun
Group Admin

Heh, yeah... I'm not much of a reviewer, though.

3901999 It's never to late to start.

ocalhoun
Group Admin

Well, I could write a review... or I could finish typing up a massive drama story I've been working on for months so I can send it to the first wave of pre-readers.

I think you know which choice I'll make! :raritywink:

ocalhoun
Group Admin

Ha!
I'm at 15,000 words of what will probably end up being 35,000 words.
I have work to do.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12