Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Okay, so, last night i was watching Josh Scorcher's review of the season 6 finale and, when it got to the part where changeling twilight interrupts changeling spike, i noticed something that, weirdly enough, i never had before. the changeling pretending to be twilight even had her magic aura's colour correct, lavender, not green.

And i then realized Chrysalis, when pretending to be Candace, had a green aura, not blue.

At first, i was honestly going to say this was clearly a plot hole the writers missed, causing a continuity error. but, thinking further on it, i've realized it may not be the case at all. Maybe a changeling CAN change their magical aura's colour when in disguise and Chrysalis was just so confident she'd pulled off, she got cocky and didn't bother? It's the only logical reason i can come up with aside from the writers just flopping on that bit of continuity.

what do you think?

Personally, I like to think that Chrysalis simply isn't a very good changeling. We've seen that she was actually a terrible actor while impersonating Cadence, and we've seen in the S6 finale that the other changelings, while not great actors, were at least making a marked effort at playing their parts. Chrysalis seems to have compensated for her terrible improv skills (imo, a skill changelings should inherently posess in order to survive?) with a magic spell that effectively seduced Shining Armor. Chrysalis (as Cadence) seems to have had very limited interactions with anyone outside of the mane six and Shiny, at least that we have seen. It is reasonable, I feel, to deduce that she slipped by with the use of a magic spell on Shiny, and by limiting interactions with other ponies. Even with the mane six, from what we saw, she shared only a few sentences of 'conversation' (more like orders) and then promptly excused herself, as she clearly attempted to do when she first met Twilight. Unfortunately for her, Twilight and Cadence had a sort of secret handshake, or should I say ass-shake?

TLDR, Chrysalis is a terrible changeling.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2