Blunt Reviews Group 467 members · 171 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Abramus5250
Group Admin

This story: oh God, this story, I don’t know what to make of it. On the one hand, it is rather funny, but in an unfunny way. Understand?

Me neither.

First things first, I didn’t really find any faults in the story in the grammar or spelling. It was incredibly short, barely making it past the 1,000-word minimum for publishing. The tags were random and tragedy, though I think tragedy wasn’t really needed and the random was certainly put to good use. I wouldn’t call this a tragedy, unless you were talking about wasted potential, that is.

I found that this story was just... too short, in my opinion. It could have been well over 2000 words if some more time had gone into making it, or even going back and looking through it to spot areas of expansion. I almost feel like the minute this was written, it was published: no afterthought on if expanding it or maybe making it a bit longer would make it a tad better.

It’s not a bad story by any means, don’t get me wrong: I just had a hard time enjoying it because, well, everything was just so fast-paced. Each little thing didn’t have time to register or “click” before something else happened.

It was still funny, I’ll admit, though in the end, I felt... bored. Bored simply because it didn’t really leave an impact in my mind, but hey, it’s just a very short story by a (relatively) new author. Most stories don’t stick in your head anyway, so... whatever.

If you want a few chuckles, read it: if not, then skip it.

2787432 if I am happy with a few 'Chuckls', I could read the review?
I've been enjoying this, and several before it.

Majin Syeekoh

Thank you for your blunt review. I labeled it a tragedy because the ending technically makes it a tragedy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3