The Church of Madoka 39 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I had a thought why did Kyubey only made contracts with females wouldn't he get more energy if it made contracts with both genders? If this was answered in the Anime I do not remember and apologize.

Ack! I didn't even notice this post.:derpytongue2:

Actually Kyubey does give a reason for this in the anime. He claims that teenage girls are the most emotional of all human beings and thus have the highest potential to provide energy for him. Whether or not Kyubey has data to back this up or if he's just Stereotyping remains to be seen.

In a more meta sense the show was supposed to be a deconstruction of the magical girl genre, so of course they all had to be magical girls.

Smiles
Group Admin

[Imagines boy in a tutu]

Nah, nah. They change genders when they do the magical transformation thing.

...I'm oddly okay with this.

You're going in the wrong direction, Luminary.

I meant more like this:

I know. But mine has more bishies. So my way wins by default.

It goes against the first law of gender bending!

A boy turning into a girl is a beautiful and highly marketable thing. The other way around is just against the laws of physics.

That's because stopping halfway is admittedly totally better. Tomboys are hot.

Agreed.

Tomboy>everyone else.

Personally I imagine their maybe have been a couple attempts....and were failures (Read they Didn't give into Despair and became guys like Merlin)

Because Kyubey hates men.

He is truly from a wise and superior race.

>Hates men.
>Only torments girls.

Makes sense.

Comment posted by Cosmic Mind deleted Jun 20th, 2014

Yes but he doesn't consider it to be torture.

But what harm would making contracts with guys do?

Probably nothing, but Kyubey is pretty utilitarian and I guess he'd try to maximize his output.

Maybe it simply doesn't work properly, the power of a magical girl is supposed to be based on karmic destiny.

Or perhaps Kyubey has tried it in the past and said "Magical boys" were possibly to dangerous, to powerful, or simply refused to give into despair and become witches (or Warlocks). It is known that the witches generate the most energy and if no witch is created its just not as efficient. Kyubey targets insecure girls or desperate girls because odds are they will go witch much sooner. Madoka once went witch in about thirty seconds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18