The New Lunar Republic Air Force 187 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 135 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 135
NightmareDash
Group Contributor

*Two miles south of the Legion base, Foul Mountains, inside a specially modified C130 Hercules 30,000 ft up. Punching in a series of commands to my Toughbook, I flip it shut and slide it into my backpack.*

"Warthogs 1 and 2 beginning strafe runs, and Spectre 1 has the signal to open fire. Stormclouds 1, 2 and 3 on standby."

*Two A-10s roar towards the base, then open fire with Vulcan cannons and anti-tank missiles. One missile soars toward the main power relay station, utterly destroying it and cutting power to the base, until the emergency generators kick in. In an AC-130 behind us, the crew is preparing to make a pylon turn around the base and light them up. I pull on my helmet and goggles, then flip on radio comms as I crawl onto my PHASST.*

"Alright, everypony, this is it! Follow me and bail off when I bail off! Without our weight, the Switchblades will glide clear across the base and crash on the other side. For Luna and the Republic! Let's go!"

*I wave at the airpony in the cargo bay with us; he pulls down a lever, and the rear cargo bay door begins to open. Once it is all the way down, I set my back right hoof on the floor and shove myself forward, sending my PHASST rolling out the back of the plane and into freefall.*

(Aircraft codes:
A-10s - Warthogs 1 and 2
C130 - Hercules 1
AC-130 - Spectre 1
X-37B - Stormclouds 1, 2 and 3)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I mimic nightmares exact movements as I jump skyr of the vehicle.* (wait what's this about this being the final thread? What's going to happen to the NRL?)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3126869 (Have you seen knighty's latest site blog post? All RP's been declared illegal on the site, and he's deleting it possibly at the end of the day. Lunaris and I are agreed that we want to go out in style, so we're moving up the timetable to make this the best, most epic RP we possibly can before Fuhrer knighty arrives to delete it.)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(Well that sucks! Looks like after this it's back to 3dsplaza for rp'ing. They have a chat for rp'ing only.)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3127004 (Nevermind, knighty's said he's not going to delete groups, just clean up problematic threads. We can RP on!)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(Well that was a short lived worry of a few minutes for me. Lets keep this rp as epic as planned! XD)

3127047 (So no final countdown that would make a retarded music video for my channel......... I'm sad now.:fluttercry:)

Comment posted by Kingofsmooth deleted Mar 20th, 2014
Comment posted by Midnight Rider deleted Mar 21st, 2014
Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

3130232 (heh sorry. Wish people would hurry and jump off the truck...)

(so are we going to piss about or are we going to kick some flank!?)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3132425 (Like skyfall said, only two of us have actually jumped out of the plane)

3133062 (Well, I'm just AWACS this time so I can't jump.)

With a face steeled with determination i tighten the glider to my back i sure hope these fucking things work.. With a final tug of a harness i feel satisfied it wont get ripped off me mid flight. Luna watch over our souls on this beautiful night and watch over skyr. For the night and for the glory of the princess. Amen Lifting my head and slamming down the helmets integrated visor i stand on my hind hooves spreading my front ones wide feeling the wind blast against my fur from the open tail gate. Opening my eyes i whisper one sentence before falling "Vivant Et Nox"

(Forget the nuke thungy. Sorry bout that one lads)

3134125 (be as insane as you want. We are bronies after all. :rainbowwild:)

(And we are RP'ing a civil war in a land of friendship and love and tolerance)

3134472 (also filled with dangerous creatures that could eat your face off. Chimira's, Manticore's, Ursa Majors, changelings, EXT.)

(Oh sweet mother truckin jesus. And like fire arms dont make it any worse :rainbowwild:)

3134481 (AND SWORDS! WE MUSTN'T FORGET THE SWORDS!)

(Meh. They cant stop a bullet really. Nor a 30mm.....or a 25. Pounder howitzer cannon AP or HE round... Or a 7.62mm. But they awesome in a zambie apocalypse:rainbowwild::rainbowkiss:)

3134494 (You know you're much more satisfied when you slice a man in half instead of blowing their brains out.)

(Depends who its is. Bin laden. Blow the fuckers head off like the front man of that seal team.)

3134505 (still rather slash him in half. but be ready for some bull s:rainbowkiss:t. moments during the mission.)

(It has to happen. We've been on a fairly level ground since the last HALO drop)

Steer away from the clouds i glide around a faint outline of a cloud. Only just able to see it from the moon light before my glider drops and rises again and my face drains of color "Shit i got turbulence. How strong are these things? Any intel AWACS?"

3134513 AWACS: "They'll keep you alive. Just get to the ground and get ready for assault."

A huge gust of wind pushes my left wing upwards and causes me to spiral "AWACS im heading for ground zero FAST! Wind pushed wing over. I'l keep you posted!" I grit my teeth from the G-force of the spiral as i try and pull out of the spiral dive

3134520 AWACS: "If you have to free fall short of target"

"I probably will. Altitude is too low. Bailing out!" I smash on the quick release and fall from the glider into a free fall. A few seconds later my chute opens as i pass the minimum altitude before it automatically opens. "Im going to land half a kilo off target. Fucks sake."

AWACS: "Wait for Jet Stream when you get there Nightshade."

I hit the ground and release the parachute. Putting a mag into the mag well i rack the weapon putting it to safe before shouldering it heading towards the Base as quick as i can.

(Im gone now. Air cadets. Have a good one :rainbowdetermined2:)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I glide down towards the ground rolling when I hit the ground.* "Got boots on the ground." *i get rid of the glider(in some fashion so its hidden) and pull out a silenced B23R.* (:pinkiehappy: oh i love the B23R so much!)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3134560 "Roger that."
3134566 "But get here yesterday, Jet. The A-10s ripped up the perimeter wall for you, but the opening won't last forever."

3135003 *I soar steadily downward, then as my altimeter beeps, roll off the side of my PHASST into freefall. After a few seconds I pull on my ripcord and deploy my chute, slowing down until I hit the ground. Disconnecting and burying the chute, I draw my silenced MP7 and expand it.*

"We need to find cover until Jet Stream arrives. Hmm... there, in that guard shack!"

*I run towards the shack, which is pretty banged up but still standing. There is nopony inside.*

"Solid copy. Oscar Mike to your position. ETA" i glance at the bursts of orange and then my watch "Five minutes out"

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3135280 *I kick in the door to the shack, then slip down in the corner, out of sight. Opening my Toughbook, I plot out new attack routes for Warthogs 1 and 2, then engage them and open up comms to Spectre 1.*

"Spectre 1, this is Nightshade! You are clear for Phase 1 bombardment. Give us cover, but not too close!"

"Copy, Nightshade. Weapons hot!"

*Suddenly, a shot of white-yellow light courses down from above, blowing apart a portable office trailer. It is followed by a rain of Vulcan minigun fire, accompanied sporadically by 40mm Bofors rounds. It's quite a spectacle to see.*

"Bring home the fireworks specter 1! Nightshade im two minutes out and counting. Approaching from the south west side over" i keep running as i see the rounds impact into the ground throwing up plums of smoke and flashes of brilliant orange and blazing red.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I dive into the shack and shut the door just as the attack passes overhead.* " to close for comfort. Alright what's the plan?"

I run up the last little hill to the compound and slide into cover at the breach in the wall as a single round slams into the floor just were i was. "Sniper in the ACT take him out somepony! I cant move with him up there!"

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3139031 "We wait here for Jet, I'll call up another strafe run to give us cover, then we rush the lab. Use Striker's hacking programs to open the doors, breach and clear, get the GoldenEye and tech specs. Then call in Hercules 1 and Skyhook it out, then destroy the base."

3140920 *My radio crackles to life*

"Hang on! I'll take care of him!"

(ACT is an...?)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I follow behind. Looking ahead.* "damn this is crazy."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3141910 (You know what an ACT is? I don't want to move on until I know what I'm shooting at)

(Air Control Tower. Where all the jets get confirmation for take off and landing. Essentially the main hub of any airbase/field)

"Hurry it up i cant do shit here!" I duck back behind the wall as another 7.62 round slams into the concrete kicking up dust in my face

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3143470 (Thx) *I crack open the door to see the tower, then look up to the top and find a small black tube hanging out the window on our side, and a second later a tiny, instantaneous flame jumps out from its tip.*

"Alright, I see him. Give me a sec..."

*Unsheathing my crossbow from my back, I open up the folded-back arms, then load a bolt with a cartridge at its head instead of a point. I take aim through the opening in the door and wait for a break in the wind. When it comes, I pull the trigger, and the arrow launches upward, on a parabolic trajectory. As it comes down from its peak, it goes through the open window, then a second later, said window is shattered by an explosive blast from inside.*

"Jet, this is Nightshade, you're clear, move on up."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(Crazy as in sneaking into this facility... -_-)
"Guide the way sir."

"Thanks for the assist. Oscar Mike to your AO" i sprint across the runway sliding into more cover every time i can as a few more legion troops file out of the barracks with only their rifles. I stand from my cover and shoulder my rifle all in one swift movement whilst lining up the SUSAT rifle sight i place three shots with three kills. "More to the tally"

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I run up and roll up behind midnight.* " alright wait for (nightmare's oc) and then we will breach the facilility"

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3143982 3144433 (Nightshade)*I hook my crossbow back up to my vest, then follow you to cover.*

"Good to see you, Jet. Now that we're together..."

*Pulling out my laptop, I set new strafe courses for Warthogs 1 & 2, then activate them.*

"Okay, in about 20 seconds, Warthogs 1 & 2 will strafe the area just northwest of here, giving us cover to move to the lab. Danger close, stay tight, keep moving. I'll take point, Skyfall, back me up, and Jet, watch our 6. And... Now!"

*As Warthog 1 bears down on a long strip of land with its minigun and rocket pods, I leap out of cover and run for the lab in a line parallel to it, MP7 in hoof.*

3143982 AWACS: "Attention Paratroopers, listen up. Canterlot has detected your presence and is sending a full squadron of bombers to level the place. Get schematics for Goldeneye and get out of there ASAP."

"Shit!" I jump up and run behind nightshade "Peel off one of those Hogs we've got airborne pounders inbound about to level this place!" I duck as the 40mm cannon of the warthog shreds anything it touches as a troop transport bucks and kicks from the impact of the massive rounds before exploding in a fireball.

Comment posted by Kingofsmooth deleted Mar 26th, 2014
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 135