The Cheese Sandwich Club 238 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Feel iffy about Cheese Sandwich ships? Whenever I see the character, I see him as a ponified Weird Al, so shipping Cheese Sandwich feels like shipping the actual Weird Al with a cartoon horse. It's just strange to me. :derpyderp2:

Don't get me started on clopfics with him. :twilightoops:

4645652 Ee-nope.

I don't have any more trouble with shipping Cheese Sandwich than I do with any other character. John de Lancie isn't Discord, and Tara Strong isn't Twilight Sparkle. Furthermore, the character isn't exactly like Weird Al: for a one shot character, he's more fully rounded than most (Night Glider?)

It's sort of a pet peeve of mine, to be honest, especially since I see it rolled out a lot by people who just want to "protect" their Pinkie ship. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but I've seen it a LOT.

I do not care for CheesePie clopfics. Or any clopfics, come to that.

EDIT: I referred to CheesePie because that is far and away the most popular Cheese Sandwich ship, but nah--while I could, but don't, ship him with other characters, clop fics would feel weird.

I don't know if it's because 4645671 and Sketcha-Holic have fleshed out the character in my mind, but I have no such issues. As Scoots said, voice actor ≠ character. If that weren't the case, AppleDash and FlutterPie stories would be highly elaborate forms of narcissism.

4645652 I'm a person who views Weird Al and Cheese Sandwich as separate entities that are just really similar, only connected by the voice. So, no, I don't have a problem shipping him. Heck, CheesePie is the first ship that I actively got into. I am willing to pull out a few Weird Al references whenever I write about him though (as in... most of my stories). :trollestia:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4