The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Just a Dream By Dancewithknives

Alright, did you read it yet?

Well go read it, I'll wait for you.

Back yet?

So if you need some convincing, I guess you'll just have to read this first.

Author's Extended Description : It's that time of year again. Like every other time she had experienced this anniversary, Celestia simply wishes to forget about everything, but some things cannot be simply forgotten.

Execution/Presentation

Point of View: The story is told through the eyes of Princess Celestia living out a dream of her past history with Luna, just as she does every year. Not 1st person however, just a third person by Celestia. It is maintained remarkably well all throughout. Bravo!

Overall Style: This is a bit of tricky one, but still well done. Celestia is lying in her bed, almost watching her memories as a simple spectator and is not directly involved. Every detail was perfectly described I feel, without being too wordy or jumbled. You won't get lost!

Flow: Events transition abnormally smoothly, more so than what I'm used to reading. I've found there are few authors who can pull this off, and I'm glad to have found this gem!

Mood

Intended Mood: Now, I don't usually break easily when it comes to stories like this. This story has a little bit of everything in it, which quite frankly I'm relieved to say. When I saw the SAD tag, I was a little worried because it's not usually my cup of tea. However, there's a little happiness, sadness, silliness, and all that jazz here.

Received Mood: Little bit of everything. I'm not a feely guy, trust me, but I felt some things. (That almost never happens. GO READ IT!)

Pointers: Really... just the beginning seemed kinda off, but it was exposition which I believe is necessary for any 'historical' story such as this one. In turn, I'm actually going to leave that alone. Good show!

Grammar

A+

Now, let me just say something. I hound myself over my own grammar in my stories. When I read a chapter I wrote weeks ago and I see a misspelled word or an extra one or I use 'it's' when it should be 'its', I freak out. I freak out at my own mistakes.

HOWEVER... That is not the case when I read other people's stories. Mistakes don't bother me as much then.

I am extremely glad to say though that I did not see a single one in this story. Maybe my eyes just didn't catch it, but gosh man, it's so darn refreshing to read a story with practically PERFECT grammar.

Top notch!!

Tips

I really got nothin'.

Have you read it yet?!

{**~MASTERPIECE~**}

Likes and Faves all around!!!

2827801 thsnks. While the story is susposed to be sad,(not tragic) my motive to write this was to write a fic that could be an episode. I felt that the only way to do so was to use no dialogue.

2827963 Perhaps I should've mentioned there was no dialogue, because I think it did enhance the story greatly. Sheer brilliance.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3