Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Review by: Cromegas_Flare

Reviewers Tags: Dark Sad Teen Gore← Only mentioned, not to bad

~~+~~

OK, so lets start with the Description.

Twilight Sparkle's Potion of the Past can only be drunk by alicorns. Otherwise, the results might be tragic.

But what if somepony else drinks it, and not for the noblest of reasons? One pony finds out the harshest lesson of his life.

Already I can tell that I am going to love this! It just screams good!

It screams these questions

What will the consequence be?

How?

Is this going to be physical or mental?

And do I really like Peanut Butter and Coal?

Most if not all should be answered. OK all, but the last one:trollestia:

~~+~~

No Commentary on this one, sorry
If you want commentary, let me know.

~~+~~

Mr. Flares Review

Let me start with the salt!

The first distracting flaw that I could find was that of smooth read. It was not so terribly distracting that it took away from the story, but it did make me go, "wait what?" Before I clicked in to know that there was a time laps just like when Twilight fast forward to when the Princesses found the Tree of Harmony, to where they defeated Discord. (The first episode of season 4) So if there was one thing I could recommend on changing, it would be that. For the most part though, its not that hard to get around, at least for me.

Now to the sugar! The parts readers will love!

The first thing I have to say is wow, just wow. Of all things I was not expecting that. In a way It was just that well done with so few words. Though the story may be quick, it has a lot to share. So anyone interested I say go read it! Read it Right Now!.

Through out the whole story, I found that it held the dark emotion that is needed for a good dark story. Not grim dark, but just dark in general. There is a difference in between the two, and this one is a cross between sad, and dark. The tags fit the story rightly so.

One of the things that stood out to me was how the pony, who's "point of view" was subject, had a sense of madness to him. Needing control like that, and going so far to keep it. Causing the very casualty in ourselves! We all like control, but if we let that desire control us, where are we then? where are we then? This story shows that, and in a quick bold manner. If it does not get you thinking.... might want to seriously want to talk to some one.:trixieshiftright:

The second thing that stood out to me was now though short, there where few and I mean few grammatical errors, so the readers will be able to read without a major headache. Just pure fun and enjoyment reading this one! I enjoyed it quite a bit, I more so then enjoyed it! I loved it! I recommend all to read it!

In short, It holds true to the dark nature. It sends a message that makes you think. And it put enough feels into me to make Dat Sad Tag Proud!

~~+~~

A merciful way

Grammar

4/5

Rating

{You must read this!}

~Make Life an Adventure~

Mr. Flare

Hey, another rave review!:pinkiecrazy: I am very glad that you liked it. I am also glad that you got the points that I was trying to get across.
Thanks again for the review.:pinkiehappy:

2620892 Why do you get all the good ones?!:raritydespair:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I just go from bottom to top of my folder mate.

2626215 Oh yes!:raritystarry: I'm just simply trying to give everyone who placed a story in the folder at least one review first so that I don't end up reviewing the same person over and over again.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

hmm, that is a good Idea, I might consider it.

2626246 I am the source from which all good ideas are born. Obviously.:pinkiecrazy:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Glad you enjoyed it. Is there anything in the reviews you would like to see? Anything that we miss?

2635137 I'm glad that it's you doing the reviews of my stuff as other reviewers aren't as diligent about laying out what they liked (or didn't like) and why. You are doing fine with your job as far (or near) as I can tell.
I hope you do the review of "What my dark half is telling me". It would be interesting to see what you like about my first foray into this fandom.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Well, if its in the Dark Folder, then I might have it:twilightsmile:

2637029 If it's not there, it might be in the sad folder. If not, well, tell me and I'll put it there. Either way, I hope you like it.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12