The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello all, and welcome to the first clop review done by moi - The Princess Rarity.

Today's read is The Sleep Snuggling by HoofBitingActionOverload. (Like all clop stories, I can't link it because of FIMFiction's NSFW rule, but we do have a nifty little thing called Google. You should check it out.)

Anyway, a quick overview about the story.

Title: The Sleep Snuggling
Author: HoofBitingActionOverload
Tags: Romance
Characters: Rainbow Dash & Applejack
Summary: During a sleepover, Applejack learns a shocking truth about one of her closest friends. Rainbow Dash is a sleep snuggler. While they sleep in bed together, through nearly the entire night, Rainbow Dash has got her hooves around Applejack. But Applejack is okay with that. So okay with that, in fact, that they start doing a whole lot more than just snuggling.

Seem interesting enough? ...it is.

It's a cute little tale that follows the factor of bold, brave amazing Rainbow Dash having the adorable fetish of cuddling. D'aww, is it not? However, she likes hiding it, and that only adds to the cuteness. Mix in a crush on her close friend, Applejack, plus some sex, and you've got a story that is definitely worth your read and your fave.

I've read one of Overload's other fanfictions, Rarity's Mare of the Evening, which was damn good and still to this day one of the best stories I've read on this site - but that's for another review.

Anyway, onto The Sleep Snuggling.

Overload definitely does not disappoint, and I could tell right from the first few sentences that this was going to be a clop with actual story to it, and not straight up sex to give all of you guys out there boners. It was silly, cute and funny, but the sexual parts and the story evened out pretty well. Basically, it was your average romantic comedy, with some spice added in. Some good erotica mixed in with some laughs, your typical clopfic more or less but still a good read.

Now, that was the clean review, but if you'd like more details - read below.

(because River Song is the bestest)

RD's crush on AJ is obvious straight from the beginning, and that's ok. I mean, it's a clopfic, not an award-winning novel, which is cool. (You can guess which one I would rather read anyway.) It's cute how much of a sap Dashie is for her close friend, and I couldn't help but smile and shake my head at how perfectly out of character she was.

Now - what's this you ask? How can somepony be "perfectly out of character"?

Well, it's simple. Sometimes, there's a quality you wouldn't expect at all from a character you know well, but then suddenly, somebody pops out this quality and / or trait, and it somehow magically works! That's what Overload did, and making Rainbow Dash basically head over hooves for AJ with her sweet crush and adorable cuddling fetish just worked. I mean, yes, it's a bit of a cliche: the tough jock is a big 'ole softie on the inside, and normally, it seems overused but with a character like Dash, for some reason, it just clicks all together like one big puzzle, which I like. I can especially admire it when writers manage to pull off a task such as one like that.

And basically, that's how the whole intro rolls out - RD is sweet and nervous, about having her crush over for a sleepover and AJ's just totally cool with it, thinking it's a friends-only gig, when she's suddenly awoken by a certain somepony making out with her in the middle of her sleep.

:rainbowkiss::heart::ajsmug: Ah, young love~

Then, the sexay train rolls into town and it gives you one hell of a ride.

The sex is written very well, and not in a cliche or horrible manner either. Overload definitely knows what they're doing when it comes to writing clop because it's tender and passionate, all the while risque and sexy as can be. The paragraphs are well-aligned and they don't go on forever, the word choicing is nice, there aren't any awkward moments and it's not so much fucking, but rather love-making.

(Hey, that was the only way I could describe it, ok? I'm bad with descriptions. Which is why I don't write clop... often.)

AJ and RD get frisky in their sheets, and then it ends with some playful banter only those two could pull off. All in all, I immediately went back up at the top of the page to fave the second I got done reading. I was most definitely not disappointed.

So, anyway, since I liked it, I hope you guys do too!

(psst if you see any flaws in my reviews lemme know and i'll fix 'em to make sure my next one is better~)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1