The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Muggonny
Group Admin

A wisp of cold autumn wind slaps me against the face as I walk down the street. I always found it weird how in movies the sad guy always walked down the street instead of the sidewalk, as if the sidewalk was just some random bystander to the street. But there I was, being a sad guy walking down the street and not the sidewalk, thinking thoughts of loneliness.

Then, suddenly, I saw the most peculiar thing at the end of the street: a building, a rare sight in a city full of them. This was a different building, however, as it had windows. Really big windows, matter of fact.

“Man,” I said to myself. “Those windows are really big. It must be an important business place or something.”

And then it hit me.

“Oh shit, I use to work here.”

Then I saw the cardboard on the windows. Universal knowledge told me it was condemned. But then I saw, “Fix this shit” graffitied against the back of the building -- where I had the perfect view from the front -- and memory told me that this could only be one place.

“This could only be one place,” I muttered.

And I was right, it was only one place. But upon closer expectation, I found out it wasn’t just any place: it was a place from my past.

“Oh man, could this be?”

And it did be -- it was the Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! HQ! (that stands for headquarters).

“Oh my god, it really be!”

I looked at the sign above the doorway, the bottom of the P in “Dleasant” chipped off, the rest of the letters faded with age.

“I can’t believe it.”

I could easily believe it, for it was before my very own eyes. It the place where I use to work -- PCaRG (that stands for Pleasant Commentator and Review Group[!]) -- where did the time go by?”

“Man, I should really check this out.”

I walk up to the door. It was one of those fancy doors where there was a window in the center. I always found that weird, having a window in the center of door. That’s like have a door in the center of a window. Can you imagine that? That’s like having a window in the center of a door.

I grasp my hand around the handle and tug, but the door didn’t move. Shame, that move always works. Then I notice something: there’s no window in the center of the door, and I remember. “Oh,” I said. “Meth addicts live here. I forgot about that.”

I step through the door and into the building. Darkness and dustmotes permeated the air like maggots on cheese. I take a really big wiff and cough as I forgot about the last sentence.

I reach into my pocket and take out my phone. Then reaching into my other pocket, I take out a box of matches. Taking a match out of the box, I strike it against the side and hover the flame over the top of my phone. A few seconds later, I have a makeshift torch.

“This will help until I download that flashlight app.”

I look around, trying to find anything of interest. Then I find something of interest: a staircase. The only time I’ve seen those is when I do see them, and I say to myself, “Hey, I haven’t seen a staircase since just ten minutes ago, those things are so hard to come by these days with that recent development in technology. Why, if Led Zepplin were alive today, I’d be more then happy to see him perform ‘Escalator to Heavan’ live in concert. Man, he was such a product of his time. Shame he had to die. At least I think he’s dead. I dunno, he’s a mastermind, and he performed with Queen. I’m not a big movie critic, but Bohemian Rhapsody was an okay movie. Now what was that lead singer’s name? Raimi Malek, that’s right! Man, Freddy Mercury did such an amazing portrayal of him. He’s such a talented actor. He deserved that Oscar. Yeah, that’s right, Raimi Malek from Queen is dead, and Led Zepplin, performed with queen. That’s how I know he’s dead -- hey isn’t one of them gay?”

Then I remember something.

“Oh yeah, stairs, I haven’t seen those since…”

To be continued...

Muggonny
Group Admin

Drugs do wonders when you're high. :heart:

6812500 you have terminal autism

Muggonny
Group Admin

No, severe friendship deficiency. It's a side effect of being alive.

Rinnaul
Group Admin

Why would you do such a thing?

Muggonny
Group Admin

Because there wasn't anyone to stop me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6