The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Tidal
Group Admin

Hello PCaRG Members!

Tidal here, with an important development. During our first Livestream the discussion of threads came up. Soaring's Twilight Sparkle Creates a Thread was one of the ideas. However, I had an idea as well. I noticed that our group has done well over the past year and it seems that overall you guys all like what we do, and us as people.

We'd like to see more.

As of today every member, Commentator, and Admin (duh) are allowed to freely post threads in the PCaRG forum.

Silly, Rainbow. We don't sleep.

BUT! There are rules associated with this new rule.

Do's

1. Freedom
You are free to post threads in the forums even if you aren't a commentator (reviewer) or an admin. Please feel free to post threads including anything from either sharing/asking for advice, questions about the group and its future or something about how awesome Tidal is.

2. Suggestions
If you have suggestions, feel free to post those as well. You think we could use some work on something we are doing? Let us know.

3. Fun!
Have fun with it. Our group could use some more activity not just from the Commentators and Admins, but also its members. We'd like to hear from you too.

I'll add more do's if they come up after our little experiment here.

Dont's

1. No Self-promotion.
There are groups specifically for self-promotion. If you're awaiting a story to be reviewed (or even if you're not) then you don't have a reason to be promoting it. Once we do the review, we'll be talking about it anyway. This rule goes for promoting others as well. As flattered as I'd be if you promoted me, it's not what we want.

2. No rude behavior.
This is the pleasant Commentator and Review Group. I never want to see threads insulting another writer's work, or insulting them as a person. You try to cyber-bully and there will be repercussions. This also goes for those commenting on the blog. I'm all up for a good debate... but if it starts to get hostile I will shut it down.

3. Post ponies pointlessly
Basically I mean don't post every single funny .gif, comic strip, Rarity expression, or ponies as deer picture on the Internet. You wanna share something feel free, but have a meaning for it. You can just as easily post that .gif as a personal blog. You have to remember that we also post our reviews in the forum. If you're posting a lot of random meaningless things then you could be burying a recent review that was posted.

4. Requests
With our newest method in place for reviewing stories, we know that sometimes you can get a little excited for when the folder will open up again. However, please don't post forums requesting someone to "quickly" review your story. We have a certain method that we follow and I'd hate to tell you no, when I'm giving you the warning now.

If any of these rules are unclear, shoot me a PM and I'll explain it in greater detail for you. Anyone who brings up another Do or Don't will get a cookie, and I'll add it to this thread as well. Cromegas_Flare has put me in charge of this new rule, so PM me if you ever have concerns or need anything.

Our strike system will be in place. Many of those Dont's can earn you a strike, but don't be concerned. I'll talk to you about it first before you get an infraction.

Well that's basically it for now. This blog will be stickied for a while, and added to the Tools Thread as well so everyone can see it. If I missed anything, let me know, and happy threading!

-Tidal
~Never Stop Smiling

This is me self promoting my new fic called:

Tidal sucks.

It's got no views, favs, or likes because no one on the site cares about tidal.

Maybe if I promote it it can get the dislikes that a story with only his name can get.

3976115 I've gotta' say, man... That's probably the best thread gif I've ever seen. :rainbowlaugh:

Tidal
Group Admin

Fight me.

360 no-scope. You're jealous of my thwag.

Comment posted by FamousLastWords deleted Jan 15th, 2015
MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

3976115 Just caught this:

1. No Self-promotion.
There are groups specifically for self-promotion. If you're awaiting a story to be reviewed (or even if you're not) then you don't have a reason to be promoting it. Once we do the review, we'll be talking about it anyway. This rule goes for promoting others as well. As flattered as I'd be if you promoted me, it's not what we want.

I thought that the policy was that we don't allow promotions of individual fics or users, but if someone wants to promote a group, they should send Flare or I a description of the group and we'll promote it in the group if we figure that it's relevant to the group's purpose. I dunno if this changed or not, but I don't remember us ever changing it, so I dunno.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin
Tidal
Group Admin

I do remember hearing about that..

I added in the no self promotion cause that's one thing Flare said he didn't want and I didn't remember that at the time. I can fix it once I get in my computer!

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I do support pony posting, just make it worth it.

(Random inclusion.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12