The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Ain't this an interesting picture.

Lunar Limbo

Written by Pump It Up

Reviewed by LoneUnicornWriter Archsage What?! Maud

Hello everyone and welcome to my fifth PCaRG Review. However, Archsage won't be reviewing stories here forever, and I Maud Pie took his place.

Good [inserttimeofdayhere], I will be *ahem* reviewing "Lunar Limbo" by the author Pump It Up. *Pulls out Boulder from her pocket and places it on the table* "Now be good for me while I review this story" *Boulder gave no response* "Good boy."

This story was entered in a contest for group called "Nightmare Moon is Best Pony" and a contest for "Luna is Best Pony".

Now from what I have read, this story has good presentation. The point of view for both characters, Nightmare and Luna, were written very well and throughout the whole story. Needless to say that the author did remain consistent and there is no improvement need mentioning for the writing of the point of view.

The overall style of the story was done great as well. I love how the environment was described being called *Big Spoilers for non readers of the story* Lunar Limbo. I personally feel there could be more of an expansion on the headcanon of that place. It definitely sparks and interest for me being a lover of equestrian lore, places of old, and the history of it all.

And from what I've read from a commentator of the story who has a love for Luna stories and me reading it again myself, I've realized the environment and the idea of it being warm shows the amount of love Celestia has for Luna which I actually didn't get the first time, and was only upon the third time I've read through story that I was able to recognize and realize that which I feel adds to the "interesting" idea of the environment.

I feel it was definitely well thought out and the author had quite the thing going for this story on the environment.
*Spoilers End*

The execution of the environment was definitely a good one and worthy of a thought for readers that love world-building.

The flow of the story was overall a quick and smooth read, being descriptive where it had to be. So there are really no suggestions for me to give on that end. It was done rather well in my opinion.

The Mood...

Well for one, I think the author really made the reading engaging for all readers. I found it was yes sad at some parts as well, but the dialogue on everything made for at some points pretty gripping read. But those are my thoughts on it. I think the author wrote with the intent of a sad and sorta dark approach, not sure how dark, but dark. I received the sad, but it didn't really receive the dark. Was gripping yes, but I have read stories that could really pull out much darker scenes that could really have me in my chair, so I guess that's where it dropped for me on the mood part, but all in all I think the mood of the story is decent and was received by me fairly good.

Not to directly drop any spoilers, but I think the "Y'know" game they played... it.. it kinda made me neutral all together about the story being dark. I mean yes, it did have its dark scenes, but it was really that mood through out, but a play on different moods which I thought made for an interesting story regardless, but to say the story was dark, no I just couldn't come to say it.

Now to the grammar.

The grammar was good. I have not one doubt in my mind about it either. The grammar was great throughout the read, so I will just give it the grading of an "A" because I really didn't see anything.... or maybe I need glass. Kidding, I really didn't see anything at all which is why I giving it this great.

Now as for the group rating, I give this story, based on the levels I see in the folders (Not sure of where the grading lies at this point in time): {Recommended}

That's all for today everyone. I hope you had a wonderful time and please, letting me know what you thought if you have any down below or you could just leave a like. Trust me, when I say I will be watching. This is Maud, and I just reviewed "Lunar Limbo" which was again written by Pump It Up.

"Okay, let's go Boulder." *Picks up Boulder, drops it in her pocket and leaves.*

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

be sure to link the review in the story comments.

3885418 Okay. Do you like review?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I did, nice and creative. Keep up the work.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4