The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I'm dead.

Game over. Time to punch out. No way out. I'm dead.

This is what this story has done to me.

SO LISTEN...
By Tidal

Twilight was looking forward to a nice day alone. Away from princess, and friendship duties alike for at least one day. JUST ONE.

Thanks to one persistent stallion however, she isn't getting that day today.

To be honest, I'm not all that much for comedy. I do LOVE to laugh, but for some reason I'm really put off by works of comedic literature. I feel attracted to other genre's. But... something stuck out with this story. Perhaps it was the title itself that nabbed my interest. Either way, I'm going to say one thing and one thing only:

I laughed. A lot.

The story is based off an old MADTV skit. If you wish to see it, it is on the story's page. I didn't watch the skit first, I read. I almost recommend doing that. Haha. Anyways, Twilight Sparkle was taking a nice and relaxing day off in the park. Ahhh, no drama or stress in sight! Just her, a book, and a packed lunch. But it's short lived. Why?

Freakin' Duhrell.

Yeah. That's not a typo. DUH-rell. After taking a likening to Twilight, he then begins to harass her. A lot.

Kind of, not really, relevant.

There were seriously some parts in the story that made me laugh, out loud. None of that "blowing out a larger breath of air" crap. Like, seriously laugh. Perhaps it was the perfect comedic timing in my head, or the fact that I could imagine this... weirdo just approaching Twilight in the park tryin' to get her "numbuh". Great execution.

The grammar in this story was top notch. I didn't find any errors, but I'm sure the author took the liberty to clean it up. There were many VERY awkward sentences that the author managed to nail, as well. Kudos, Tidal.

Only thing I didn't like about the story was the fact that it got a bit repetitive at times. Kinda felt like Duhrell was saying the same things over and over and over again, but that's just me. Twilight's reactions kind of made up for that though. I'd have to suggest kind of moving away from the skit a little bit next time. Some of the jokes were the exact same as the skit(which I get is the point, but this isn't a skit. It's a fanfiction. Yay!) but with pony references and some words switched around. I will admit, I tended to laugh either way.

I highly recommend that you give this story a read. It's fairly short. Wouldn't be too much time out of your day. Besides, I guarantee you'll exit that story with a mentally deficient smile on your face.

Yep, just like this.

I recommend that you all give this quick-read a... well, read.

-Cyneryk

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1