The American Civil War 71 members · 12 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

One of my ancestors was a Choctaw tribe member who fought for the Confederacy.

Most of my ancestors fought for the Union.

I wonder if they ever met on the battlefield?

Unlikely, but an interesting thought...

Union. All in Ohio Regiments

hmmm, i actually don't know. I suppose I should have some relatives that go back at least to that period in America. My family has done plenty of research, even found out we're somehow related to Warren G Harding (obviously not by decent) but never actually checked to see if any ancestors fought in the civil war. Would have to assume if they did it would be for the Union, but it would be interesting to verify.

I found out my Civil War ancestry after hours of research.

any recommendations on resources?

I had family who fought for both the Union (Indiana) and the Confederacy (Georgia).

I have several ancestors who fought for the Confederacy, and maybe one who fought for the Union

Just found out I have another ancestor who fought in the Civil War. Don't know which side he fought on, though.

Cool. I also know that my ancestors in the Confederacy were either in Virginia or North Carolina regiments.

My Great-Great Grandfather was wounded on April 2nd, 1865 during the breakthrough of the siege lines around Petersburg, VA.

Who here has ancestors who fought in the Civil War?

My Grandpa was a Ukrainian nationalist partisan, which put him more-or-less on the side of the whites against the reds.

o wait wrong civil war.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17