Discord's Library 804 members · 1,389 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I noticed that not many people thought my story idea was not good because Discord can just snap his fingers to make it all better!. I also noticed that not very many people write about him having a weakness. I understand that it might make the character look bad because of the show but if you can execute it properly, it will make the character better and the story better. Discord cannot be all powerful all the time! Think about the season 6 final. Discord couldn't use his magic because of the Changeling dark rock that blocks it and it didn't downsize his character at all!!! This is a group that loves Discord and I hate to see you guys to try to make a story you think would be good and get scared by comments like Discord can just snap his fingers to make it better. This a place where you can make stories that don't exist in the show and I encourage you guys to use that creativity however you like.

Okay, from my experience, when writers think that this is the sort of thing that is making people not like their story, they are often misinterpreting what people are actually not liking. I think you should go back and look at it and figure out if that's the actual reason people don't like it.

I understand but it was the only kind of comments I got from my story idea. So I know it wasn't anything else.

Then clearly you haven't explained it well enough in the story itself. Next time, you should think about the reasons why things are or aren't happening and be sure to include them in your outline.

I just glanced at it, and it seems like the issue is that he doesn't seem to be trying to do things. Like, stuff is just happening to him, and you aren't putting enough focus on the things he is doing to try and get out of the situation...

It was just something that just popped in my head and thought it was good. It wasn't really attended to be detailed because I would like to see someone write it in their own way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6