Cadence's Library 1,376 members · 10,519 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hi folks! My good friend and grammar mentor Ever yesterday updated her story. She did really alot for me, so I wanted to repay her by advertising her story. I hoped I can do that here.

Her story is called The Forest Pony

It is about Princess Luna being attacked, falling into the Everfree forest and getting hurt. There she learns how to survive as a normal pony. And in the later chapters, she is getting really badass! :heart: It is dark and serious at times, but you’ll find funny and cute moments there too.

Here is an excerpt of one of my favourite parts:

Slowly shifting her weight, Princess Luna found herself lying on something soft and downy. The air felt warm and smelled pleasantly like raw wood. She rubbed her head against the soft thing below her and mumbled a few words.

A sudden wave of pain shot through her whole body. The last events rushed into her mind. All her drowsiness subsided in an instance and her eyes shot open.

She couldn't see much of her surroundings.

The flickering light of the fireplace revealed only about half of the room. She managed to make out a large bookcase accompanied by a desk below a window. Assuming it was still dark outside and the glistening glass was really a window pane.

The hearth was in the opposite wall from the desk, somewhere next to her. She could hear the crackling of logs burning inside. The one who ignited it couldn't be far.

Luna felt a lump in her throat. But if that pony didn't kill her when she was asleep, they wouldn't probably do so now, right? Right?

With a groan, she turned her head to take a peek at the part of room bathed in shadows and, by extension, at her injured wing. Her sore body protested. For a moment she just stared into the darkness, waiting for the new surge of pain to wash away.

After a while, her eyes became accustomed to the dimness. It was just a second, but did something move there? Cold sweat formed on her forehead, the tiny beads slowly leaking down to her muzzle. Maybe the throbbing in her head was just playing tricks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1