Crystal Empire Changelings 145 members · 115 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Ozark
Group Admin

It seems that there are a lot (or I'm suddenly noticing a lot) of stories that have changelings in or near the Crystal Empire. I have a theory that changelings are drawn to the empire because of their consumption of love, regardless of them being thrown there or not, they end up In the Crystal Empire. In a lot of stories changelings always end up in the empire at some point during or before the plot. Please tell me what you think of this, and I would LOVE to hear your theories for this happening. :scootangel:

I bet they want to munch on the crystal heart.

Eh, late reply is late but whatever.

I wrote one where a group of changelings found their way to the Crystal Empire after it had been placed under... new management (Cadence and Shining were late and Sombra had returned but that... that didn't last long.)

Anyway, the new ruler of the Empire and the Crystal ponies catch these changelings attempting to steal the recently-activated heart and offer them a deal. Submit to the Rule of the new ruler and they would be granted citizenship. The changelings can feed off the surrounding energies of the Crystal Heart eliminating the need to feed off of ponies.

Needless to say, the Equestrians are rather shocked to find changelings living next to Crystal ponies and a minor incident occurs. However despite this Celestia, who is under increasing pressure from the nobility to put down any captured changelings (Equestria keeps on arresting them and placing them in the badlands, only for the changelings to come back into Equestria as they are starving) so she works out a deal.

The Crystal Empire takes the changelings in and prevents them from returning to Equestria and the Empire gets paid for it. The crystal ponies and changelings get along well, sometimes really well, as after the tryanny of Sombra the Crystal ponies see themselves as equals.

I think the appeal to changelings in the Crystal Empire is that both races have fairly little backgrounds that can be used as an author's playground and there is a legitimate reason for changelings to want to be there while eliminating conflict between the two races.

Plus come on, who doesn't want to see the love bugs that I wish to hug all happy?

Ozark
Group Admin

3133656 Sorry, I'm also quite late to respond :twilightblush:! Could you send me a link for your story if it is here on fimfiction? I went on you page but I couldn't find it! It sounds like something I would enjoy reading! :scootangel:

Ozark
Group Admin

3133619 It does look quite tasty! :pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5