Coco Pommel 749 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Coco still doesn't have her own character tab.:raritydespair: Now normally I wouldn't mind or think nothing of it, but then I saw something that kind of annoyed me. Cheese Sandwich has his own character tab.

Now if this was a week from now then I would just brush it off from him possibly being more popular, but it hasn't even been a day, not counting the leak so I guess a few days at most.

I do foresee him being more popular, he's a damn good character and I like him, but even Mane-iac and the Power Ponies have their own tabs and have less stories than Coco combined. It's also not just Coco, but I just like her the most of the other missing characters that may deserve a spot.

I guess more than anything I just needed to rant about it, but it still annoys me. Thoughts? Or just more ranting on anyone else's parts then put it here. :pinkiehappy:

Why not PM knighty and the other staff members?

That is all. Equestria is ours.

:rainbowwild::derpytongue2:

I want a Coco tag because I have written and may write more Coco.
Also because she's a very popular secondary character.

I like to think Mane-iac and Power Ponies tags were just instances of the fandom (and possibly the world) guessing terribly wrong as to how much people would like them. :rainbowlaugh:

Knighty announced the Cheese Sandwich character tag earlier today. Considering the hype behind the character, it was all but expected. It's not necessarily "fair," but it was an administrative decision.

Coco's tag has to be earned. She only has 15 stories in her group at the present time, which is the same as Ms. Harshwhinney in her group. When she hits 30 or more stories, then maybe consider politely bringing her popularity to Knighty's attention.

Heck, Bulk Biceps is up to 25 stories in his group. Blossomforth has to have over 30 by now. Button Mash has 87, but let's not go there.

Jondor
Group Admin

Knighty works in mysterious ways. :eeyup:

Do not try to make sense of the Knighty. You will go mad. :pinkiecrazy:

I have to agree with OP. He makes a good point. Coco was the darling of the fandom for a while there. She's still my darling! She may not have all that many stories yet, but I can't say that I agree with the majority of comparisons to other characters. Button Mash has been here since season two, as have Bulk Biceps and Blossomforth. The fact that they have 30+ stories in two years surely means less than the fact that Coco achieved 25 in no more than one month. I think she merits her own tag.

As a side note, I didn't particularly like Cheese Sandwich, though I get the feeling that a lot of people will. So I think it might well prove to be the case that he deserves his tag. It just seems distinctly unfair that Power Ponies and Mane-iac got tags whereas Coco didn't. Then again, that could easily be bias because of all the new characters, Coco is pretty much the only one I liked quite so much. I think there could be a subtler reason for Cheese getting a tag ahead of Coco, though.

If you think about the characters you like, it is often the case that you have something in common with that character. So people who like Coco are likely to be a little shy, nervous or compliant; we would be more likely to quietly accept the fact that our favourite has been overlooked and complain about it on a forum to our fellow Coco fans rather than kick up a fuss and upset people. Whereas fans of Cheese are likely to be exuberant, outgoing and vociferous. If Cheese wasn't tagged, there would undoubtedly be a small riot and it would be mentioned on every forum and comments section on the site.

Either that, or Knighty just likes Cheese and not Coco. It has to be one or the other.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7