Coco Pommel 749 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

I thought it was shit, but who cares?! Cute Coco!! :raritystarry:

Haven't seen it yet, but that bottom picture.

Is Coco building a Rarity mannequin?

Nah, just reminiscing about her wonderful childhood.

4736548 Not bad, but Coco just couldn't make up for how underwhelming this episode was. It tried, but it just seemed to be missing something. A song probably would've helped.

I agree it really was below average, I wouldn't go that far but no doubt a weaker episode overall.

But as was said, Coco was adorable, she's always adorable though.

Seriously, Rarity episodes have the best, but we've only heard one in the past three episodes which have all been her, it's quite strange.

Cryosite
Group Admin

I fell in love all over again.

Coco is always cute.

But yeah, that episode stunk. Worst since season 4. :fluttershyouch:

4736548 I found the episode to beā€”there. Nothing awful or anything, but little stood out in my opinion. Hopefully, the next episodes turn out to be more exciting or emotionally gripping. Excelling at just one of these is a treat, after all. :twilightsmile:

But Coco was incredibly adorable. She's easily one of the cutest ponies.

Source

Cryosite
Group Admin

You're forgetting Princess Spike was this season.

I thought the friendship message was actually pretty good. Sometimes people think that the only way that they make a difference is to do something big, and then they feel overwhelmed and do nothing at all. Sometimes it can be as simple as donating (something besides creamed corn) to the local food pantry or shoveling the neighbor's sidewalk for them, other times it's something like becoming a big brother/big sister, becoming a foster parent, or donating a kidney.

Coco Pommel was a splendid representative of that message as well. All she did was give Rarity a spool of rainbow thread as a token of her gratitude, and it turned into one of the six keys to defeating Tirek. Who knows what the NEXT revival will be like once the community cleans up the park and builds a better stage?

On the other hand, I can agree that the majority of the episode leading up to the lesson learned was rather weak... even the destruction of Applejack's stetson as a running gag kind of fell flat.

Jondor
Group Admin

Sorry, we all knew RariJack had no hope, but we've been too polite to say so. :trollestia:

I liked this less than I liked Princess Spike, frankly. Princess Spike was... bad, but it was bad in a "at least they tried" sort of way. There were funny jokes, and even at its worst, something was happening.

This was bad in a "god what were they thinking?" kind of way.

I was bored after the second commercial break. The play was just plain old dull and boring. I mean, maybe that's the authentic amateur street theater feel (zing!) but there just wasn't anything there, and there was no real struggle to make things right. I thought that the moral was fine, but I didn't feel like there was any weight. It was just like YES YOU SHOULD HELP YOUR COMMUNITY.

The start of this episode was okay, but there was really very little interaction between Rarity and Applejack, which is, well, the entire reason why RariJack episodes work - they're funny when they're playing off of each other, and they're good foils. But it just didn't happen much here at all.

Cryosite
Group Admin

That's because AJ knows to not interfere with Rarity's Coco time. I mean, they couldn't very well put a scarf on the doorknob or something, or the kids would ask mommy and daddy what that means.

4738041 Yeah, I think this is one of those episodes that was built around its moral. And it shows. It seems like the better episodes, are the ones that try to tell a good story, and then build the moral around said story. "Rarity Investigates" seemed to have its moral tacked on at the end, but it was still enjoyable to watch.

What, you're saying she wasn't invited?

I'm pretty sure the map sent both of them. :ajsmug:

Jondor
Group Admin

And AJ was soooooooooo excited. She knew she wasn't going to get any of that yummy marshmallow poon.

Cryosite
Group Admin

It sent AJ so she could distract the kids as they gasped in horror over AJ's hat being massacred repeatedly.

Otherwise it would have sent Rarity, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash.

I mean, maybe that's the authentic amateur street theater feel (zing!)

*Throws a yellow flag and blows a whistle*

Illegal motion on the offense: Calling your own attempted zinger! Ten yard penalty, and a loss of down!

4736548 The whole thing just seemed really rushed to me and I found myself paying more attention to my homework than the episode, although Coco Pommel helped make up for the lousiness of the whole thing. :raritystarry:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19