Coco Pommel 749 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Kinda random, but look at Coco's last name. Pommel. A pommel is, by definition,

a rounded knob on the end of the handle of a sword, dagger, or old-fashioned gun

Maybe one of Coco's parents is a sword maker? Fanfic writers, to your stations!

4391271 a pommel is also a part of a saddle if I recall correctly.

See this thing he's doing gymnastics on:

It's called a "pommel horse". Coco is a horse.

The minute I saw it in the credits for her episode, I paid less attention to what a "pommel" actually was and more to what it looks like--"pomme" (the French word for "apple.") The fashion profession and French kind of blurred into my head for a moment and my first thought was "maybe she's related to the Apples." Then I noticed that Babs Seed didn't have a shown family, figured she could be related through adoption (not through blood), and that's how I ended up getting a series that's been featured several times*.

*Don't try this crazy logic at home. :rainbowlaugh:

It is indeed. It's the front raised area of the saddle.

4391576 As it turns out, the pommel of a sword or saddle is called that because of its small, rounded, apple-like shape. :twilightsmile:

It wouldn't be too surprising to see one of Coco's parents being in some form of the Equestian Military (EUP). They wouldn't necessarily be Wonderbolts, since it is implied that the Wonderbolts are the aerial team, but considering the Blue Angels (who the Wonderbolts were based on) are part of the U.S. Navy, it wouldn't be impossible to be an earth pony and still be on the squad.

4391323 It is, but what would that be used for in Equestria-
Oh dear.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11