Celestia's Library 1,085 members · 3,182 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
arcum42
Group Admin

So, here we are in Celestia's Library.

It was founded by Flint Sparks, and the admin list is TheTobacconist, zyr1987, JerryTheHouseGhost, Smiles, RainbowBob, Pearple Prose, MissingLink, Prak, and from Twilight's Library, me, SpaceCommie, Skeeter The Lurker, Celestias Paladin, SweetAI Belle, LuminoZero, Mayhem Darkshadow, and Elric of Melnipony. All the Twilight' Library personnel actually got admin rights just by virtue of joining the group, in fact.

I personally joined because I was looking in stupefied horror as the admins of Twilight's Library created a half dozen new libraries, and felt a little responsible.

The trouble is this particular group broke down a while back. There's a broken image on the front page, which would be easy enough to fix, but there's also an incoming folder with 1014 fanfics in it. Almost a month ago, I just went ahead and locked it without consulting with anyone, because it clearly wasn't working. And no one said a thing about it.

I would have thought Flint, at least, might have mentioned it, since I quoted him when I posted about it. But no one's even complained that it's locked.

So my conclusion is that the group is currently dead. Now, I don't personally have time to revive it, especially with everything that happened with Twilight's Library recently. And I'm certainly not going to run a group with an incoming folder.

I did, however, want to know if any of the admins were interested in trying to revive it, or if we should change things a bit to better indicate this as a dead group.

--arcum42

I just want to say I love the banner.

zyr1987
Group Admin

3933358 the incoming thread had over 1000 fics in it? :trollestia:

Anyway, I think I persisted a bit longer than the others, before I sort gave up (I could be remembering wrong). I admit, I wouldn't mind declaring this group dead, as I can't really say I have any real vested interest in it at the moment.

arcum42
Group Admin

Oops. Might be thinking about some of my more recent ideas. Fixed.

I don't really have a vested interest in it either, but I don't like seeing it lying in limbo, and I wanted to see if anyone else did want to get things going, or if we could just officially declare it dead. I'm not sure Flint will even stop by, since in theory he's an admin in Twilight's Library, too, and hasn't commented on any of the recent happenings there.

I'll admit, if Flint doesn't show up and everyone else says it should be dead, I'll probably just go and modify things to show the group as dead myself.

--arcum42

IIRC, most, if not all, of the other libraries were created just for the hell of it (everybody was doing it for about a week or so). I'm not really surprised that something started on a lark didn't pan out.

arcum42
Group Admin

Me either, really, but given that it was a couple admins of my group that did it, I felt like I should at least try. (Well, they started it, anyways. Some other people followed suit afterwards. I found out about it when everyone else did, though.)

--arcum42

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6