The Gem Hunters 263 members · 195 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

How are stories rated and by whom?

2518307 Isn't that information layed out on the front page of the group?

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

2518313 errors, grammar, appeal, characterization, etc?

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Admin

Currently, stories are rated by me. Submit a story to the Incoming folder, I'll read it and then put it in the appropriate folder.

As a side note, I do need admins to help me out, so if you're interested, PM me an application and we'll see about working something out.

JumpingShinyFrogs
Group Admin

2518345 Originality, writing quality from a technical standpoint, realism, believability that kind of thing. For instance, your story, Just a Dream I deemed a Ruby.

blowngasket
Group Admin

2518433 I think what he was going at was something along the lines of a tangible grading chart or something like it. For example, if I use your list of preferences and throw in a few obvious choices...

Grammar x out of x (PuncTuation AnD. Proper' word; usage!!! If this sentence looks like a majority of your story, go through it again.)
Spelling x out of x (Because Cat is not spelled Kat)
Story x out of x (If it resembles SpongeBob Squarepants' ugly barnacle story, probably need to rethink it)
Characterization x out of x (Just because your Alicorn OC is sexy and strong and has lazor heat x ray third eyeballs super vision doesn't mean he is awesome.)

Throw in a few personal opinions here and there, because everyone has them, and you have yourself a fairly neat and organized grading system you can use, if not on the main page then in your head. I just added the funny comments because why the hell not.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6