Ponyfinder 101 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50

I have a Ponyfinder game almost ready to run on roll20.net and I'm looking for at least 3 more players. Here is the link: Dragons of Turves. The story is for level 5 characters and is set in and around the Everglow village of Turves. Due to various personal limitations the chat will have to be text-only. The current plan is to run it on a Saturday or several Saturdays. If anyone would like to join, but has time constraints, post your availability and I'll see if I can accommodate everyone. If anyone doesn't want to bother about making a level 5 character, I have a few level fives set up already for anyone to use.

Edit 3/24/2016: The game is currently full. People still find the link from time to time, so I thought I'd better make a note so nobody gets disappointed.

I'm in, but you knew that. Not this Saturday I hope, it is slammed with things, but other saturdays in the earlier rather than later is good by me.

Yeah, just Saturdays in general. I have other free time, but it's not dependable.

I'd be happy to lend a hoof, though for the foreseeable future I get home from work at around 4pm eastern, and have another game (David's) that starts at 7:30, so that's a pretty set window. If it doesn't work out that's cool, just thought I'd offer. Good luck either way! :D

4300832 So, 1300 to 1630 PST? That sounds like a pretty good window. Shame you have to work on Saturdays, I wouldn't want you to get burned out or anything. David's in the game too, and I'd bet he has a similar end time restriction (if not sooner). :trollestia:

If I may quote Linkara, I don't burn out, I just set more things on fire. :)

So, I just joined... Sadly, I don't have the Ponyfinder material, but I have a character from a previous Ponyfinder game, that I could use. Of course we'd have to roll up some new stats. Just tell me when you have time for that.
One more request. Please set the time of the next gaming session in roll20. I live in Germany and sorting through the timezones is a pain. Thanks!

4302383 Lack of Ponyfinder material should be no problem, all the mechanics are pretty much the same as Pathfinder, except for the rules for hooves. Do you have your character sheet in any kind of electronic format? I have Hero Lab with the Ponyfinder add-ons, so I could probably make some quick adjustments if you want me to. Email: stephenhanes@vandals.uidaho.edu

As far as time goes, so far we have two people in PST and one person in EST. The time slot we were considering was 1 pm to 4pm PST, which the internet tells me would be 10pm to 1am for you (GMT+2, right?). I want to make it as convenient for everyone as I can, but the timezones are playing havoc with that goal. David is busy this Saturday, so the earliest we would start would be next week. Are you still interested?

If anyone needs a character, I have character sheets for:
CG Male Seapony Cleric of the Sun Queen
NN Female Earthbound Fighter with giant sword
CN Male Flutter Alchemist that also shoots (his deity is the Unspoken, so he's one of those alchemists)
LN Female Ghostpony Ninja that's good at sneaky
all at level 5 with about 10,000gp worth of appropriate gear.

Let me know if you want one, because I won't bother putting them into roll20 if they're not needed.

I'll roll my own if that's ok. Depending on party comp I'm leaning zebra witch or Earthbound (possibly gem) tanky fighter or Snow Aspect griffon DD fighter. Barring those I'm also up for Cloven Skald, because screaming goats.

4305983 Currently, we have one tanky zebra monk, and no-one else has specified yet.

It occurs to me that people typically try to make a diverse party, which means that a group composed of all one species is pretty much unheard of, even though it would be the most common in real life. I think it's kind of funny.

I just realized I should say something about standardizing the characters you roll up or re-level for this. I tested the encounters with the characters I listed above, which were generated with a 20-point attribute buy ( "high fantasy" ). ainawing actually rolled his, but it came out to 23 points so, eh, close enough. I'm okay with anybody rolling their stats if they want to, I just typically avoid it myself because of the risk of getting lame stats. Anything roughly equivalent to a 20-point character should be okay (I hope).

4307206 I am entirely alright with 20 point buy, 5th level, hm, what class to make...

While I normally like to let the dice work their magic, for good or ill, I'll be doing point buy as it's quickly becoming standard, and also there's no way to fudge it.

While normally the games I play in have very little racial diversity (nearly all human parties are really common with the folks I've played with), Everglow does seem to thrive on it. Perhaps I could do a Flutterpony Life Oracle for divine or Scavenger Aspect Wizard for arcane.

4307224 You should do something really wacky and obscure, like a doppleganger-seapony or maybe even a human. :derpytongue2:
Just kidding.

4307397 The dice say I should make an earth-bound pony.

4307411 Can't go wrong with an earthbound (unless you make a rogue that specializes in pickpocketing and stuff - that would end badly for a hooved creature).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand then there was a unicorn magus... I'm fickle like that.

Rough Draft
Pony bard 5
NG Medium fey (ponykind)
Init -1; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 10, touch 9, flat-footed 10 (-1 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 48 (5d8+20)
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities
DR 1/—; Resist fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Special Attacks bardic performance 15 rounds/day (countersong, distraction, fascinate [DC 15], inspire competence +2, inspire courage +2)
Bard Spells Known (CL 5th; concentration +8)
2nd (3/day)—cure moderate wounds, invisibility, minor image (DC 15)
1st (5/day)—cure light wounds, heightened awareness[ACG], hideous laughter (DC 14), unnatural lust[UM] (DC 14)
0 (at will)—dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 13), mage hand, open/close (DC 13), prestidigitation
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 8, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 16
Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 14 (18 vs. trip)
Feats Blade-turning Pelt, Day Stomper, Endurance, Lingering Performance[APG], Tough As Rocks
Traits day greeter, talented
Skills Acrobatics -1 (+3 to jump), Bluff +9, Diplomacy +12, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +7, Knowledge (engineering) +7, Knowledge (geography) +7, Knowledge (history) +7, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (nature) +7, Knowledge (nobility) +7, Knowledge (planes) +11, Knowledge (religion) +11, Perception +9, Perform (oratory) +12
Languages Common, Draconic, Sylvan
SQ bardic knowledge +2, brand of destiny, earth-bound, fingerless, lore master 1/day, unique destiny, versatile performance (oratory)
Other Gear 10,000 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Bardic Knowledge +2 (Ex) Add +2 to all knowledge skill checks.
Bardic Performance (standard action, 15 rounds/day) Your performances can create magical effects.
Brand of Destiny All ponies are born with a Brand of Destiny on their flank. This symbol is of high importance to the pony, signifying their destiny or talent, and driving them to excel at it.
Damage Reduction (1/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Day Stomper (1/day) Your marked piety as an earth-bound has earned you the Sun Queen's special favor.

Prerequisites: Ponykind, Earth-Bound, Tough as Rocks, Knowledge (relgion) 5 ranks

Benefit: Once per day, while in sunlight, you may, as an immediate
Earth-Bound +2 Gain a +2 racial bonus to saves vs Poison, Spells and Spell-Like effects, Endurance as a bonus feat
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Energy Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
Fingerless Ponies and many other races of Everglow can manipulate any one-handed item with their mouths, despite their lack of fingers, as per the rules below:

- Hand and ring slot items automatically adjust to fit, becoming anklets that otherwise function
Lingering Performance Bardic Performances last 2 rds after you stop concentrating.
Lore Master (1/day) (Ex) Can take 10 on any trained knowledge checks. Activate to take 20 as a standard action.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Unique Destiny Grants one bonus feat at 1st level.
Versatile Performance (Oratory) +12 (Ex) You may substitute the final value of your Perform: Oratory skill for Diplomacy or Sense Motive checks

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

4307463 Oops, missing equipment. I'll do that eventually.

4307538 Rough Draft, eh? Where have I heard that name before....

4307576 Never played the lug in Ponyfinder before, and the dice said earth pony!

I thought I knew how to add character sheets in roll20, but it appears I was mistaken. Is that under journal?

Yep! Then hit 'add'

4307534 I think you're one feat over budget. I don't seem to have the trait "talented" in Hero Lab. I assume it adds a point to your perform (oratory) in this case?

Oops, nevermind the feat

4307700 I copied that into Hero Lab, and it says you have 4 skill points left over.

4307769 Odd, mine says 35/35 skills.

4307774 Oh, I missed dungeoneering. There, all set.

4307774 Do you have a picture of Rough Draft that includes his legs?

4307965 Excellent. Thank you.

There's still room if anyone else wants to join. Link

Can you guys that joined control your character sheets, or do I need to "launch campaign" for you to have access to it? If you can only edit while the game is "running" I could start it up tomorrow and just leave my computer running all day so you can get in.

4320945 Yes. I copied what you and Ainawing gave me into the roll20 sheets as well as I could, and set you guys as the boss of them.

4320910 It appears to be working just fine.

Luxury Yacht still needs feats and both Rough Draft and Luxury Yacht still need gear (the online rulebook recommends 10,500gp total gear value at level 5). Other than that, I think we're all set. *crosses fingers*

If you guys are interested, I think I have an idea for how to continue the same story with the same characters. We could just keep going from where we left off. I think you would level up, since you had 4800 xp from battling and had several rp encounters as well.

We could probably also fit one or two more if anyone else wanted to join in.

Count me in. It would be nice to find one or two additional players, since more players bring a higher variety of skillsets to the table. Did you think about posting a looking for players post on roll20?

4406348 I did consider posting on roll20, but I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks.

Well if you want more players I can see if I can squeeze a game into my busy life.

4416757 We would love to have you. You can use this Link to join on roll20.net.

Our slot is 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm PST on Saturday, and the next session is June 6 (barring unforeseen circumstances). The party is currently level 6 with approximately 16,000 gp worth of gear. Just in case it matters, the current PCs are a Zebra monk, Earthbound bard, Unicorn Magus/Wizard (maybe changing) and perhaps a Pegasus cleric.

Sorry for the late reply; my computer was in the shop.

That's alright, let me check how that works into UK time and if it will clash with anything, also anymore details on setting so can get an idea on what I want to make.

edit: just done my time checking and your game finishes just as mine starts so can make it but will need to head off at 4pm as can't stick around and do any after game chatting

4421023 That should work. We have only gone all the way to 4pm once so far.

Edit: You have a character sheet now. It's just called "New Character" for the moment.

4421023 Setting: Height of the pony empire, a few years (5-10) before A Dangerous Sparkle. The party just finished an adventure in Turves. They made several friends and have a very positive reputation in the town. Some of the details of the mission and its outcome are secret in-character, but the version that most townsfolk know is:

There was a dragon harassing the outlying farms, and a local guide, the sheriff's deputy and a team of adventurers went to the dragon's lair and unalived him.

cool sounds good think will play Iron Hooves then a fighter, what I need to do for stats and any traits.

4421540 We've been using a 20-point-buy system for attributes. Any old traits are fine. Two traits, or three traits and a flaw. If you pick something really obscure, I might need it explained to me, but go ahead and pick anything that works for you.

Just in case anyone comes along and finds this thread later, the game is currently full. If some people leave, I'll post again to ask for more.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 50