MLP: Hard Analysis & Criticism 257 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
justanothername
Group Admin

Do you ever feel like this is all pointless? MLP is most likely ruined beyond repair, our rants and criticisms just seem to only satisfy our own bitterness, preach to the choir, get dismissed or bashed, or all of the above. The fandom is "Happy Happy Joy Joy Land" for those that either do not understand the characters or have no critical integrity and/or care nothing about it, and it's a club that bashes those who have an ounce of intelligence and question the norms, the very things that built it to begin with. MLP has practically become a shadow of what it once was, the fans are either too blind to notice or don't care at all, and we're just floundering on a last shred of hope, even though everything and everyone is against us. What I'm asking is: what are we fighting for?

2542444 I think your being to much harsh on the show, IMO. :applejackconfused:

Ficta_Scriptor
Group Admin

Whoa... hold on there. I don't think it's fair to generalize people who still love the show as unintelligent or blind to 'the truth', much the same as anti-Twilicorn bronies don't want to be immediately labelled as whiny man-children. I have no problem with those who like season 3 and EQG; the problem I have is with those who refuse to accept criticism or treat the show as some kind of holy scripture.

Moving on to your question: Is it pointless to talk about the things we don't like? Personally, I don't think so. Are we going to change the world? Most certainly not. Will the writers take notice of us? Never. But I for one am just happy to be able to tear into the show as much as I want without getting down-voted to all hell and told to get lost. I'm not here to make a stand, I'm just here to express my opinions and have a little rant every now and then. And I like being able to do that. :pinkiesmile:

In all seriousness, I'm fine with just being able to say what I really think of the show without being attacked by like millions of other bronies (coughcoughderpiboorucoughcough) and be respected by having my opinions on the show.

Even if they rehire Lauren and make her write season 3 all over again, it won't work. The 'spirit' is lost, like 80s rock. I don't enjoy new episodes as I used to enjoy first ones. To be honest, I don't even know what they released for season 4. Fanfics are still enjoyable though, my fight is to choice good fics between all the EQG abominations and disney princesses

Cloperella
Group Admin

Pretty much doing anything in the fandom is pointless. Talking about how much you hate it is pointless, talking about how much you like it is pointless. Unless you are actively striving to change the way something works, or make some kind of profit off of your actions, it's all pointless.

I never really intended to get anything accomplished with this group: I just thought of it as a place to shit out all of the bitterness that my friends who still watch the series don't want to hear. :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6