MLP: Hard Analysis & Criticism 257 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I'd like everyone to give me an honest answer. Do you like Gen-5? Or do you think it sucks? Do you like the characters? Or are they terrible?

It's meh to me. I only like Zipp and Hitch, don't really care much at all for the rest.

Not really all that honest in MLP Generation 5. Not hating or anything, but it's not my cup of tea so to speak.

Humanity
Group Admin

Mediocre at best. Making it a direct sequel to G4 was a detriment instead of a strength.

It's...fine. Serviceable. The comics have the best art and story so far, and TYT's the best animated (later episodes almost feel like early G4 due to the style limitations, which feels weird to say)

Yes, it's extremely corporate and juvenile, but it's not marketed towards jaded cynical adults who want good storytelling.

Frankly, the biggest disappointment has been Make Your Mark, since it's being strangled by the utterly baffling and cripplingly slow release schedule, and odds are the animators aren't using the time to polish the upcoming episodes and specials, which is a damn shame.

It's fine for what it is, but if you're here for the future of G4 or something engaging, you're probably going to be disappointed.

At least the fanart and music's decent.

I’m pretty much an anti-G5 person. The writing quality is too mediocre, the animation or art styles of each installment aren’t appealing, and the characters are neither engaging nor ones I particularly care for.

On its own it's meh. In the context of the previous generation? It's mediocre.

D48

I haven't seen it and have no interest in doing so. That said, the near-complete lack of G5 content in what's left of the fandom seems to indicate the consensus is no even among the broken lunatics still clinging to the ruins of MLP.

That's both funny and sad in so many ways.

I've only seen the Gen 5 film, I'll be honest: it felt okay, but it was clearly missing that essence on what made the writing of Gen 4's first season and a half strong. In short, I'm not interested in watching Gen 5.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10