Starbound Ponies 83 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Does anyone prefer the old lore over this new lore?

Yeah I do. Honestly I think after Koala things just went totally the wrong way.

old lore was so much better

gameplay wise the game got substantially better (with the exception of removing temperature) but they totally just butchered the lore to be, I shit you not, more kid friendly

agarans are no longer the biological menace they once were, many in-game assets were removed cause they were too disturbing, alcohol just doesn't exist anymore, as well as many, many interesting codexes being outright removed

5494301 I wouldn't say it was to make it kid-friendly, especially since, despite only playing the game for about two hours, I have discovered that there are some aspects still not suitable for children. There is, debatably, blood in the game, and once you defeat the Mother Poplit (or whatever they're called), the achievement you earn for it mentions that "every Poplit you meet is now a lonely orphan". The game explicitly shows that you're ending your opponents' lives when you defeat them, and killing isn't exactly present in most kids' games.

they replaced all alcohol with fruit punch

5494319 You have the ability to orphan children.

No you don't, there aren't even any children in the game

5494460 Read the description for the achievement "Not In Front of the Children!"

my point remains

5494181 5494301 I know, I really enjoyed the racial tensions, I was curious what Big Ape, Thornwing, and Greenfinger's big plan was. I also wanted to know what Directive 0451 was. I wonder if it's possible to change the entire story since you can add missions of your own in game.

Well, even gameplay/plot wise Koala was better in a lot of respects.

Varied backstories for each race allowing a variety of roleplay opportunities and stories? Naaa let's shoehorn every character into being a 'protector' and have them engage in a very cliched main storyline.

Being able to go from not going to any planet to being able to only go inside your solar system so you could get better materials to make better items so you'd be better prepared for the boss you'd need to fight to be able to go all over the universe? Na let's make it so you cant go anywhere until you complete ercuis mine.

Interesting tentacle biomes and heck sub biomes? Naa let's take out the interesting stuff and replace it with boring replacements (thankfully Frackin has done a good job of picking up the pace in that regard)

Every planet feeling unique with its own procedural generated monsters? Naa let's shove in a bunch of stupid 'unique' critters and flood spawns with them so every planet feels the same while taking away procedural monster abilities.

5496356 not to mention that it was able to keep a good sense of humor some of its' dark themes. Also why bother have multiple ruins gates when they all lead to the outpost when you have to setup a teleporter there. Ruin gates could of bean a set up for fantastic dungeons and the outpost could of bean more lore friendly with city biome planets.

I even worked on a race for a short while that I really wanted to wait until the game came out beta to really get invested in working on it. I even have their back story stuck in my head.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13