Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I've had this cool idea for a story but idk if its a good idea.

Basically the idea is that there's this young leader of a poor clan in Equestria that gets taken for granted and gets treated like dirt. The clan isn't well recognized and gets very little resources or help from the Princess's. The leader feels like the princess's don't care about his poor clan, so they decide to rebel.
More like stealing items from other villages and cities in Equestria for their own. A "Rise in Revolution"

But then it turns into this big battle between the princess's along with others and this group of thieves and warriors. This is all i got so far.

is this a good idea for a fic? Are there other stories where Celestia and Luna are the antagonists? Is the young leader considered a Mary Sue? Opinions?

Yes, he is totally a Mary Sue. Even though we don't know anything about him, at all. And have nothing to go by to make character judgements. And don't know what the quality of the story will be like.

In any case, how is this poor group with no resources standing nose-to-nose with Celestia and her army, to make it a 'big battle'?

And why doesn't Celestia step in somewhere along the way? She isn't exactly a violent tyrant, prone to using force before reason.

2822844 I'm liking this idea I am pretty sure their are fics were Luna and Celestia are antagonists in Luna or Celestia groups

2822871 You can't really judge a book by it's cover, especially since it hasn't even been created yet. :trixieshiftright: I'll just say that the clan leader can't use magic and has character flaws. He could be hard-headed or arrogant or reckless etc. But if an OC is against Celestia and/or Luna does that automatically make him a Mary Sue. Even if they can't use magic and have character flaws? And he won't succeed the first try. Just pointing that out.

Is the young leader considered a Mary Sue?

vvv

You can't really judge a book by it's cover, especially since it hasn't even been created yet. :trixieshiftright:

:twilightsmile:

But if an OC is against Celestia and/or Luna does that automatically make him a Mary Sue.

Nope, but you might have a serious case of a trope that was mentioned in TWG earlier.

Portraying Celestia as some horrid tyrant tends to be a big warning sign of an immature writer. Most people will eyeroll and move on when seeing it in a non-AU fic. Keep that in mind.

2823170 Still, it could just be the clan leader and his followers who see's Celestia as a tyrant when no-one else does. It's mostly from his POV and what he believes. He's seen like an anti-hero when you think about it.

Not... really.

It's very much the opposite of an anti-hero, in that case. He's a sympathetic or deluded villain.

An anti-hero lacks the traditional heroic qualities, but is still a force for good.

This guy is clearly the bad guy. He just doesn't think he is.

2823229 Like Light from Death Note? He thinks he's doing the right thing when he's not?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9