Bronies who play musical instruments 147 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39
TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

What made you say, ok that's it, I'm learning to play (insert what you play).

My parents asked me if I wanted to learn piano and I said yes.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Well, that's an interesting answer. :pinkiehappy:

I'm a simple person like that.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Oh but unique nonetheless, that's what I like about humans.

Samey90
Group Admin

My friend from college plays guitar and I learned some chords from her, then I bought myself a guitar, and that's how Equestria was made.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

All right, now for my story...

I decided to learn to play guitar one day after I saw a picture of my friend's Esp/Ltd Eclipse....

Then I heard the awesome sounds coming from it, and I was completely hooked.

MoldyShishkabob
Group Admin

2227662>>2227685 Stiggz, you stole my answer. :raritydespair:

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

You have an awesome name, you know that?

MoldyShishkabob
Group Admin

2228033 Really? It came from first adjective and first noun I thought of for a username.

I like your avatar, it looks silly. :rainbowwild:

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

2228067 Thank you, I stole from one of the brony pages on Facebook. I'm still waiting for some random artist to start throwing pencils at me for using it without asking...

MoldyShishkabob
Group Admin

2228086 I steal most of mine from Google.

Haven't gotten any backlash yet. :scootangel:

Rarely (like with this one), I use ones that are personal screencaps of stuff.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

So, you play piano too then?

I was ten, I was thin, I was playing third base with a second-hand glove and dirt on my face... wait, no... that was Phil Vassar's story.

The real story:
My younger brother started taking piano lessons, and his instructor asked why there was no band at my elementary school. The music program was always one of the first things cut by the school. Knowing that the school would not support a band program due to the budget, and having a young, willing director, my parents formed a committee with other townsfolk and created a community youth band independent of the school system. I began playing the euphonium at nine, and moved to the tuba a year later when It was certain that not only would I stick with my lessons, but that I would actually be able to carry the thing in a parade. I've been playing for over 25 years now. All three of my brothers and I started playing instruments because of this band.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Wow, that's a pretty epic story mate.

It was all because of Mom.
She wouldn't allow me to attended a high school without first having a extracurricular activate after school hours. So I decided to join band even though I had no skills in reading or playing music. I went to my uncles school as he is the band of that school. He only allowed me tire one instrument and that was the trumpet. He was surprise at my playing that he encouraged me too stick with it. And here I am, a junior who's been playing for 2 years is 4th chair(upper group) in marching and symphonic.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

I heard a song I thought was really cool, one that I wanted to emulate. I was playing in the school band at the time in 7th grade, so I sorta(?) had musical ambition. So I picked up the bass. I dropped the saxophone, because I was bad and it just wasn't fun anymore. I want to branch out to other string instruments, and eventually returns to the sax.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

What bass you got?

I'm poor (or was when I was a kid), so I only own the first one I got. A cheap but trusty Fender Squire. I have my eyes set on fretless Fender Jazz bass and Music Man five string, for when I get the money.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

I find myself drawn to these.

But musicmans are epic too.

My old teacher loved Warwicks.

I've always wanted to play one of these:

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Ohh, that's awesome.

I'd want to order a custom one, if at any point in the future I have $1500 to spare. They sound phenomenal.

Also, this is the Music Man I've tried out in the past. However this thing:

This. This goddamn bass is the best one I've ever played. That particular one had a maple fretboard, and I cannot find any sign of one with such on the internet. Wonder why.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Maple is best fretboard!

Do you like PRS?

And jazz or p-bass?

I don't actually know how to play guitar (in that I I'm not good at it because I don't own a decent one to practice on), so I couldn't remark on PRS. Jazz basses are pretty standard, but like them. The only fretless I can afford that I'm confident is good is the Fender J-Bass kind. P-Basses are pretty handy, but I already have one so I want something new.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Ahh...

I meant PRS basses btw.

Anyway, I want to get a bass soon so I can learn to play, any suggestions? My price limit is about 300$

It doesn't look like the manufacture basses. Am I looking in the wrong spot (Paul Reed Smith is what you meant, right?)?

300 bucks. Hm... this J-Bass could do. I had a friend that vouched for Musician's Friend, so you could order it there. J-Basses, at least the ones I've played, have higher action that P-Basses, which could be an issue if you doubt your finger strength. Lower it if you have to, but the the basses loses its punch. It's a worthy tradeoff, though. Do you need to squeeze an amp into that amount?

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Nope, got a bassman.

Good job then. I'd recommend replacing the strings of a bass you buy myself. I dunno why. I'd get DR High Beams or Lo Riders, depending on your preference. Sunbeams are cheaper, but not as good.

I wonder why I had so much trouble finding that. I looks great, though.

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

I am the master of replacing strings (And also sheep).

I wanted to learn how to sing better, so I started taking voice lessons, and that's how Equestria was made.

As a baby, literately as a baby. Cuz whenever my mom but on Martina McBride's "Concrete Angel" I would fall fast asleep. To this day that song makes me tear up a little, I love it!!
:pinkiehappy:

When I turned 14, I started writing emo poetry (meh) which turned into me writing christian lyrics, then to me learning guitar and piano today. As a brony musician now, I'm really growing in that area of my life. It's really a blessing,the gift of music.

I'm 17, BTW

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Awesome, mate!

What type of guitar you got?

Just a steel stringed acoustic. It's pretty damn big though. *squee*

TheSheepMaster
Group Admin

Ahh, I have an awesome Ovation steel string.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39