Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Azrael the alicorn
Group Admin

Ok, so, i was once reading this fan-made comics about My little Pony, wich showed Twilight childhood. It had everything. It was funny and had a plenty of moments that touched my heart. And then, in less than a minute, my appreciation for such fan-work was ruined by one name: Sunset Shimmer.
Why. Just WHY. What was the point? Did the author thought that it was necessary to make EQG canon to his story? No, just NO.
How can someone who write such nice fan-comic actually make canon (In his story) EQG? How can someone who has such good tastes do such crime against the art?
I don't know the answer. So i stopped following his work.
And it didn't sopped there.
On the reviewers who analyzed EQG on the tube many i unscribed by their channel because of how they left EQG with score like 6.0 or, heck, even 7.0.
Now, i didn't left those channel even when they praised something like Mystery on the friendship express. But when you give to EQG a higher vote than "Spike at your Service", you just crossed the line. Twice!
So, do you think that im overexagerrating?
And did this thing happens to any of you?

2595041 Hey, as long as they didn't make sunset a horrible 1D bitch I'm okay. Did they fill in the plot holes? Did they improve the characters?

Azrael the alicorn
Group Admin

2595102 I don't know, once that i just read the word Sunset Shimmer i closed the page and never read anymore since then.

2595110 What if she talked about Sunset Shimmer because a topic came up? How do you know if EG or Sunset actually never appear?

Azrael the alicorn
Group Admin

2595186 The part was that Celestia was worried about something, her assistent asked her if she was still thinking about what happened to Sunset Shimmer. I guess this story take place after she got into the portal.
But this is not about Sunset, the question is: did someone stopped following some author because they liked EQG?

2595041 You did pretty spot on....

2595587 It was just a reference, nothing else.

No go sit in a corner and think about your life. :trollestia:

Comment posted by TwilightPoopSparkle deleted Jan 14th, 2014
Azrael the alicorn
Group Admin

2599011 A reference that makes EQG canon (at least for his work). And what was the point?
Celestia should feel bad about banishing her sister to the moon, not for some bully.
EQG sucks, i just can't stand people who go over it and bash down some episodes that have much less problems than EQG.

2596228 Erh, what you mean? :rainbowderp:

Comment posted by Azrael the alicorn deleted Jan 14th, 2014
Comment posted by Azrael the alicorn deleted Jan 14th, 2014

You might be overreacting. I don't like Chrysalis, Cadence, Shinning, Trixie to name a few but I won't hate a fan story because of it. I mean the fans may write that character better than the show.

Azrael the alicorn
Group Admin

2601887 Me overracting? Oh silly you, im not overacting :scootangel: . It's just that i don't feel like EQG deserve any kind of tribute, cause the story make no sense.
And you know what? I can understand people thinking that Mysterious Mare Do Well is good, i can understand people who likes Mystery on the friendship express. Heck, i can understand why people like most of Merriwether works. Why? Because they had at least some points to back it on. But when they give EQG a vote higher than the worst episodes of the show, i can't stand it.
EQG has: Horrible story, character who are stereotipes of themselves, the worst love interest in existence, the most anticlimactic climax everm, a villain that makes Chrysalis plan makes sense, the most obnoxious of songs and shotouts camoes that makes Mystery on the Friendship express looks smart.
And the worst thing is that EQG is an insult toward the work of Lauren Faust.

Yeah I see the point. The movie those seem like an overrated insult to a series that tried to be different.
But my point of using characters, even ones you don't like, for a story still stands.

Azrael the alicorn
Group Admin

2606636 Well, is not that i don't like story just because they name a character.
I like the story of MovieMaster where there is Flash Sentry in it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13