Transgender Bronies 1,106 members · 757 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Long story short, I have a story where there is a Group of Ascended Alicorns

would it be ok of they refered them self with the term

A.E.A.B. (Assigned Earth-pony At Birth), for the ones that where born as an Earth-pony before coming an Alicorn

A.U.A.B. (Assigned Unicorn At Birth) for the ones that where born as a Unicorn before coming an Alicorn

A.P.A.B. (Assigned Pegasus At Birth) for the ones that where born as a Pegasus before coming an Alicorn

or would that be a bad... ?

It’s would be kinda odd but not bad you can use them if you want to it’s your story after all

Well it's not exactly the same. A person's assigned gender at birth is a doctor making an assumption of gender based on one body part. Alicorn isn't a gender. If a pony is born a Pegasus, for example, that's what they are, up until if and when they ascend to be an Alicorn. This Pegasus pony wouldn't be up late at night, crying because they didn't have a horn, and that is a fact of life for people assigned the wrong gender at birth.

You could, in this specific case, have them say, "I used to be a Pegasus" because Alicornhood is more akin to being bestowed with superpowers than transitioning.

ok

True
p.s. I have an O.C.s that wish they had a horn to do magic,

should I change Assigned to something else then ?

What RambleGaze said.

It's equating two things that are not even remotely similar, to the detriment of one of them. In this context, it sounds a lot like mysticizing transgender identity, which is a big problem with a lot of self-described "allies". It puts someone's internal gender conflict, and the marginalizing social pressures they have to endure, in the same level as gaining superpowers as RambleGaze mentioned; or for a more real-world example, in the same category as getting a job promotion or moving up to a higher a social class.

It's definitely not something I'd be happy to read.

Ok, I understand

I just having a hard time thinking of a term to separate the alicorns bast on what they were before

7784798 7784800 7784805
should I instead used
W.(_).B., (Was (_) Before)

W.U.B. (Was Unicorn Before)

W.P.B. (Was Pegasus Before)

W.E.B (Was Earth-pony Before)

I just use the terms "hereditary" and "ascended", and if I feel the readers need to know what they were before, then "former {tribe}". Hereditary alicorns are those who were born alicorns from one or more alicorn parents. Ascended are those who were born as one of the three tribes, and magically ascended. If I want to be more complicated, I'll include lineages.

So, Cadance would be an ascended alicorn, former pegasus.
Twilight would be an ascended alicorn, former unicorn.
Celestia and Luna are both hereditary alicorns of ancient lineage.
Flurry Heart is a hereditary alicorn, of ascended lineage.

If you need to be more concise, then "ascended pegasus", "ascended unicorn", or "ascended earth pony" would seem to be pretty clear and get the meaning across. Part of the fun part of writing something like that, to me, would be coming up with new colloquialisms and slang that make sense in-universe, rather than re-purposing real-world language that just doesn't fit.

So...

A.U. (Ascended Unicorn)

A.P. (Ascended Pegasus)

A.E. (Ascended Earth-pony)

p.s. thought that just came to my mind,
U.t.A. (Unicorn to Alicorn)
P.t.A. (Pegasus to Alicorn)
E.t.A. (Earth-pony to Alicorn)

edit... ya, Na

The A.X. format seems pretty solid and lends itself easily to concise colloquial language.

The "to" construction still sounds too much like MtF/FtM; but even aside from that just sounds redundant, since the "Alicorn" part is already understood in this context. The ay-you, ay-pee, ay-ee part rolls off the tongue more naturally, and sounds more like how people would talk.

Ok, thanks

let's see what the other 2 thing
7784798 7784800
what do you think of this ?

edit: Oh, would that work for NONE-Ponies as well ?
A.. (Ascended )
A.Z. (Ascended Zebra)
A.B. (Ascended Buffalo)
A.D. (Ascended Dragon)
A.G. (Ascended Griffin)
A..C (Ascended Changeling)
A..D.d (Ascended Diamond-dog)
A..A (Ascended Abyssinia)

Yeah, that works.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14