When They Were Young 1,108 members · 125 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Vexy
Group Admin

So I'm sure we're all familiar with the ambiguity and uncertainty surrounding the parents of many of the main characters. Two of the main culprits for this are Applejack and Fluttershy. Going by the show, there're very few pieces to fit together to form any solid idea about their parents, beyond the subtle references in episodes.

However, regardless of whatever became of these ponies, we can live safe in the knowledge that this is the youngverse. We're trying to melt your heart here, so we need something canonical to this universe. Let us begin with names. Along with the uncertain fate that befell the parents, there is also a divided opinion on what their names are.

As such, this thread is a discussion thread on what you think the names of Applejack's and Fluttershy's parents are. Be sure to mention what you personally like to call them in your headcanon, and feel free to discuss it with other members. If you see a name you particularly like, give the comment an upvote.

At the end of the week (that being Friday 8th Novemeber), Mr101 will be looking at the discussions, suggestions and upvotes and determining what to call the parents.

Have fun! :twilightsmile:

I go with Sweet Apple for AJ's Mom. Tex or Lone Star for her dad.

Posey is generally used for Fluttershy's mom.

Broken
Group Contributor

Lauren Faust posted once on her twitter that Applejack's parents are really dead. She was planning to bring this about on the future, but then she quit from being the main writer. The new team deemed the whole plot 'too dark' for their audience, and now it seems they are still alive, but traveling and they don't seem to feel the need to give her parents a chance, as the main Apple family was planned to remain a 'little big family' for the rest of the show.

As for Fluttershy, her parents are a mystery. She was so young when she fell from Cloudsdale... :trixieshiftright:
Didn't they noticed her little filly disappeared? :rainbowhuh:
I will remain with my 'Fluttershy is orphan' image.

Names?

I think Tex and Sweet Apple, for Applejack.
Posey and Geo for Fluttershy. Of course that her father was an Earth-Pony, while her mom was a pegasus. :raritywink:

Vexy
Group Admin

As far as Fluttershy's parents, here's my headcanon.
On my DA

Admittedly, in the Youngverse, Quickhoof would have gotten his scars in a different war - likely with the gryphons - but it's how I always pictured her folks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5