The Perpetual Discussion Group 138 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, MOTHERF:pinkiegasp:CKERS!

But, seriously, hello. We here at the Perpetual Discussion Group are glad to have you here. We value your opinion, and we hope to see your participation on the various threads around here!

This is the rules thread, in case you hate reading titles.

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:

1. This group is for (guess what) DISCUSSION! No one's opinion is wrong, and your opinion is not fact. 'Opinion' and 'fact' are two different words with two different meanings. Do not say others are wrong!

FORUM RULES:

Any threads that break these rules may get deleted, and punitive action may be taken against their creators.

1. Threads can be about anything, as long as they are respectful and safe for work. To see if your thread topic is okay, head here.

2. If your thread is a promotion, make sure you mention the word 'Promotion' in it.

3. Only admins can make sticky threads.

PICTURE RULES:

1. Do NOT post random images. Make sure the image(s) is (are) linked to using a normal url left in the comment or link feature, not through the picture feature.

2. Warn people what the image is about! You don't want people, yourself included, to accidentally click on a link/open an image of a large spider or a grotesque teddy bear, do you?

FICTION RULES:

1. The fic must have an intellectual (i.e. 'deep') theme to it! If you are unsure if the fic meets the requirements, go here.

2. To submit a story, place it in the 'Submissions' folder. An admin will look at it ASAP.

3. Clopfiction is allowed, as long as it follows the other rules. Note that it will be placed in either 'Clop' or 'Partial Clop' based upon the levels of clop in them.

4. Don't remove and re-post the fic from 'Submissions'.

PUNITIVE RULES:

1. On your first offense of any of these rules, you will get a warning. Second offense earns you a one-week temporary ban. Third offense earns you a permanent ban. Admins must always tell you why you earned a strike.

2. If you want to get a strike lifted, PM me (IceboxFroggie) with a link to the thread where you earned yourself a strike. I and I alone will pass judgement on strike appeals. Sorry if it sounds too dictator-like, but I have to be sure that admins do not abuse their powers.

3. If you want to get a ban lifted, PM me (IceboxFroggie) with the duration of your ban (temporary or permanent), the reason for it, and a reason why you should be let back into the group.

ADMIN RULES:

1. Do not ask for adminship. Admins are selected based upon participation, respect for others, and good behavior. Anyone can become an admin as long as they are exemplars of those qualities! We select admins every 20 members.

2. Admins know what they're doing. Listen to them!

3. If the admins think you are a good choice for an admin, an admin will PM you with a request for adminship. You can either accept or deny the promotion.

4. To report admin abuse, PM me (IceboxFroggie) with the thread in which you were abused by the admin. I and I alone will review the case, and take action from there. Admins, deleting a thread that contains evidence is VERY SUSPICIOUS, and may count as proof towards abuse.

5. If admins do abuse their power, they will be permanently banned instantly. Betraying the trust of me, the other admins, and the members of this group is one of the ABSOLUTE WORST things an admin can do to the group. Yes, I (IceboxFroggie) do believe in poetic justice.

That covers it! Enjoy your stay here at the PDG!

From the old Rules & Guidelines thread:

Also, please refer to these threads for the places you'll want to visit:
Writing Tools
by ChaseCosmicwing
- here you will find some of Chase's and the other admin's favorite story-building threads
Acceptable Thread Topics
by IceboxFroggie
- go here if you have any questions as to whether or not your thread idea is group-appropriate (most are, and you shouldn't have any problems if you read the rules^)
Acceptable Fiction Topics
by (guess who?) IceboxFroggie
- We do have rules for story submission, and here is where you go if you have any questions about if your story (or another author's story, but ask them first) is group-appropriate.
New Admin!
by [insert Admin here [most always IceboxFroggie until the rebellion]
- these are actually multiple threads that will continue to pop-up as we select new admins. The current rule is one new Administrator per every 10 new members, and DO NOT ASK FOR ADMIN-SHIP! The current group of admins will pick the new one as necessary, and each new choice will have been (and still be) an exemplar of the group's purpose. Go to these threads to see examples of ponies we think fit the bill.

Finally, this is a discussion group! This means you are free to talk about whatever comes to mind! (within reason!:pinkiecrazy:) We are built around our forum, so chat away! We don't bite (Well, I might :scootangel:) and we love seeing everypony having intelligent and friendly conversations.

WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

(P.S. Don't be afraid to call up one of our admins if you need help. We are pretty spread out, so someone will almost always be online to answer your queries)

Comment posted by MDNGHTRDHTLN deleted Nov 3rd, 2013

4. To report admin abuse, PM me (IceboxFroggie) with the thread in which you were abused by the admin. I and I alone will review the case, and take action from there. Admins, deleting a thread with evidence is VERY SUSPICIOUS, and may count as proof towards abuse.

Don't you mean without? :derpytongue2:

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2170861 No. I mean, if a thread contains evidence, and an admin deletes it, it's suspicious.

1. Do NOT post random images. Make sure the images are either:
a) hidden, and can be revealed by clicking on the plus button (we all know what I mean by that, right?)

How does one go about doing this, exactly? I thought that was just an automatic feature of comment sections.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2312138 The feature is broken in forums, so just use the link feature to link to the image instead. I'll change the rule now.

Oh. Damn. That could have been useful. Thanks anyway.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8