The Perpetual Discussion Group 138 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

This here thread is to see if your idea for a fanfiction is good to be added into the group's folders.

An intellectual theme is a theme that would make you go, 'Wow, that's deep'.

That's...that's it.

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2040853 Question! I have written a fic based on an original work that explores the ethical conundrum of exploiting a minority for the benefit of the majority. Basically it begs the question whether or not utilitarianism is an ethically viable social and political model. I assume it would be acceptable, but I figured I would ask anyway. :twilightsheepish:

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2040853 It's good. Submit it, and we'll review it. Good luck!

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2040853 Found a fic which I feel worthy of consideration.

Sacrifice

In this story, Captain Shining Armor and another Royal Guard Pony are captured by enemy forces. The two of them are placed in the same cell, and they are informed that if one kills the other, the murderer will be set free. This poses the question of, is it acceptable to take an innocent life, in order to save many more?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Well why not, I'm going to submit one of my own stories and see what other people think of it.
It is pretty much a thought provoking rant of a mad pony. He is talking to himself in the mirror, but it seams that reality is a bit twisted. I'll submit the Edited and Clean version.

I'll submit this sometime in the near future, but I wanted someone to give me the okay to do so. Any intellectual discussion over it would be more psycho-analyzing and breaking down the characters rather than "what questions does it raise" and such.

Plus, I can't seem to get any proofreading/critique groups to look it over anytime soon. :fluttershysad:

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2043720 Hm...a psycho-analysis doesn't really count as something intellectual, per se, because you could psycho-analyze any fic. If you put it in the submissions folder, someone will give it a read eventually, but I can't pass judgement until then.

Good luck on your hunt for a review/proofread!

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I read through Why Wub Woo. (In the submission folder) I would place in partial Clop, but my problem is that there is not much to discuss on it. What do you think. (My personal opinion is that its a no go, but hey it was still fun to read-ish... still not my style of wanted reads.) I do need a second opinion.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2105119 There. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's 1:11 am where I am, and I need to finish a lab report.

I'm a fast reader.

Alright, here goes. I'll try to sum this up in a thousand words or less.

My first (and only, so far) work of fanfiction is titled Moonlight. It's a story pondering the nature of life: eternal or finite?

*Wipes forehead*
Phew, that was hard.

MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

2170871 Submit it, and an admin will review it.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Reply to me, I will get to it. That is a promise! I love reading through the submission folder.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13