Anti-Flash Sentry 176 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Flash Sentry is really overrated, and was kind of like an afterthought of Equestria Girls. Please comment down your thoughts on it down below, and the thread is in the group Anti-Flash Sentry.

This is one thing that I really butt heads with a lot of people over, shipping pony Twilight with pony Flash Sentry. For those who pay attention to the show and don't count the Equestria Girls movies, the two have never even met! Never once have they interacted with one another so I find that pairing to be ridiculous. Now I don't pay much attention to EqG so I can't really make a judgement of how he is in that franchise but I do agree, he is heavily overrated. I remember back in 2013, he was the most despised character Hasbro had ever created. The Bronies despised him and the Pegasisters weren't fond of him either. It seems like as time has passed, those who despised him have moved on for the most part and newer fans have joined in, newer fans that like the ship and don't have the "he's stealing my waifu" thing going on. I do agree though, he is overrated and regarding Friendship is Magic, if he had never been created the only difference would be a different guard announcing the arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Maretonia in "Twilight's Kingdom, Part 1."

Your view on this does make sense.

I really feel pity for Flash Sentry.
His only reason to exist was to be Twilight boyfriend and nothing else.
The only way to give him something more of a personality is the headcanon that some fan put up.
Which in the end counts little to none, because headcanon is not real canon, unless some writer decide to appropriate of that theory.
But in the end, nothing will change that his romance with Twilight was an awful mistake, that the writers decided to sink the ship and erase pony Flash from the show after him appearing in Season 4.
I don't think he has appeared ever again, not even in the big "Endgame" like assembly in the season finale.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4