Anti-Flash Sentry 176 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

While I was stewing in my unhealthy hatred for Flash Sentry, I thought: does pony Flash really deserves our hate? Human Flash certainly does, but does Pony Flash? Yes, he had only recently joined the Guard and was immediately put on Cadance's entourage, yes, Twilight immediately crushed on him with that stupid bumping-into-each-other running gag, but he didn't seem all that interested in her, he didn't appear in the other two movies, and Twilight has never interacted with him since nor has she seemed to give him a second thought. I think we often make the mistake of thinking both Flashes are one and the same when they're really not. So does pony Flash deserve as much hate as human Flash?

4870235 Better yet, why should we like him?

4870235 Hate is the only emotion that I can feel towards Flash. His whole character is pointless and the only thing about him is being Twilight crush which is despised even by those who likes EQG movies. The thing about Pony Flash existence is even more pointless cause he doesn't do anything at all. He's a background pony that is liked by very few people in the fandom.
Quill has tried to make up a defense of his character by using a lot of headcannon of which I have already taken care of it. The thing with Pony Flash is that I don't feel ANYTHING towards him. Probably I would hate him much less/could bare to see him appear in other episodes if EQG didn't happened. I think EQG is what has KILLED the chance for Flash to be anything more than an hollow love interest (A dumb one I might add), by giving both his pony and human egos that stupid crush for Twilight. It taints him, just like the HuMane 5 does that to the Mane 6 IMO.
While I can't say that I hate Pony Flash (Or at least not hating him as Human Flash) I just don't give a damn about him and I will not be sad if he's not going to appear on the show anymore.

To be quite frank, we iknow a grand tota of jack and shit about the pony Flash, at least cannon wise. While human Flash is abut as interesting as a rice cake flavored piece of cardboard with store bought ketzup, pony Flash has a bit of an enigma to him. MY final verdict: Meh, I guess I'll allow it.

I'm not saying we should like him, I'm asking if we should hate him as much as Human Flash.

4870235 Why hate him at all? Don't get me wrong I do not like either of them in the slightest but hate, not so much. I do have to say that pony flash hasn't really done anything, or is relevant enough, to have an opinion on so I don't think he deserves the disdain that human Flash gets.
4870276 I completely agree. Flashlight has to be the worst ship ever.

4870752 I still have to say Flashllight is worse but you make a compelling argument :rainbowlaugh:

4872101 They are Asuka Soryu and Shinji Ikari from Evangelion.

It's not a question of 'should we' or 'does he deserve it', it's just a question of 'do you or do you not like Flash Sentry?' If Flash were just another lame background character, no one would care, but the problem with him is he is lame and he is attached to a main character who is leagues better than himself. Flash doesn't just lag as a character, but he drags the plot with him, and even Twilight Sparkle because his potential as a character is so severely limited that he offers nothing in their not-quite-relationship. A functioning ship needs to be symbiotic, but Flash is more akin to a parasite, latching to Twilight Sparkle and the plot and trying to draw sustenance from them.

Basically, Flash is a stagnant character who threatens to make stagnant everything he comes in contact with, so while I can't say we should or shouldn't hate him, I can't say the Flash hate is unjustified.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12