Anti-Flash Sentry 176 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

What did he ever do to earn Twilight's affection? He barely talked to her, they didn't do anything noteworthy together, he doesn't have anything in common with her as far as we know, and he didn't do anything at all to help her (though we all agree the photo scene with Luna in the first movie was stupid and literally anyone else could've done it). His pony self is even worse; we may know barely anything about human Flash but we know zip about pony Flash. And that's not getting into Twilight an adult(?) pony crushing on a human teenager, who we know are such experts on romance, and then falling for his counterpart. Plus, I will not accept the 'he's a blank slate for fans to work with' excuse because if they want us to care about him, they need to MAKE us care about him. If they wanted to make him more than a shallow love interest, they should've had him do stuff and show he had actual depth.

When it comes to the hate of Flash, I must admit that FlashLight people really crack me up and sometimes I think it is them who bring out more negative feelings towards Flash than Flash Sentry himself. They act like Twilight and Flash have some sort of destined love when that is far from the truth. Human Flash has had a couple interactions with Twilight but nothing but a blush at most has come out of it and regarding the true human Twilight Sparkle (Sci-Twi) all there has been is bumping into one another. Regarding pony Flash, yes at the end of the first Equestria Girls movie he bumps into Twilight and she blushes but that was for the movie. In the show he is a non-factor entirely. A couple cameo roles at most with zero interaction with Twilight. I think the best thing to do with Flash Sentry is to simply write him out of the show, it's not like his presence affects anything. They could write him out....so far he hasn't shown up in season five....and except for the FlashLight people and those who have noticed he hasn't shown up, they wouldn't notice and I highly doubt a majority of people would care. I'm pretty sure the target audience hasn't noticed his absence and Hasbro, M.A. Larson in particular, knows about the fandom's general hatred for Flash. While he may continue to have these moments of bumping into Twilight in the Equestria Girls movies, I think pony Flash may be a thing of the past. If that proves to be the case, things will go on just as they always have with the exception that people won't get riled up over a brief five second appearance of him.

EddWar #3 · Oct 9th, 2015 · · 1 ·

I agree with both of you, I hope in the rest of the series he doesn't appear in the slightest.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3