Anti-Flash Sentry 176 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

And after Any fall into EQG-drone status another of my favorite critics fails into pointing out the problems with Flash Sentry.
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/user/tgcsilver]
Where he dislikes rightfully the Human Flash Sentry, he has this idea that the human counterpart are differents from the pony ones.
Your thoughts?
Ps: why i can't post the video here on Fimfiction anymore?

Seems to me he was being fair to the whole thing. Yes, there's nothing bad about him, but there's nothing good about him either. He's just nothing. Like Silver and so many others said, he's only there to be a love interest and that cannot be someone's only purpose. He's got to have something else like a history or personalty or have moments of bonding or interact with people besides the lover.

Flash Sentry isn't a bad character -- that would imply he's a character. He's a role. He is 'love interest' and nothing more. People may like FlashLight, but nobody likes Flash Sentry.

He was designed as the perfect male specimen; handsome, talented, helps the girl... your typical Prince Charming. The problem with Prince Charmings, however is that they are little more than an ideal; they are extensions of their female counterparts. The only time anyone cares about Prince Charming is when he wants to impress his princess. Flash Sentry, thus, is entirely reliant on Twilight Sparkle; he's nothing on his own, and he was never meant to be.

I like to think that Flash Sentry's role will never extend into the cartoons, and that his existence was merely an attempt to make a love interest that you can generally ignore and pretend it never happened. They tease it ever movie, and yet in the cartoons whenever we see Flash Sentry, Twilgiht doesn't even seem to give him a second glance.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5