Anti-Depression Ponies 1,888 members · 2,441 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

As they might say on TikTok, I'll go first.

Home for the Holidays

For most of my life, my fondest Christmas memories were when my family and I would travel up north to visit my grandmother in Massachusetts. Between the annual Christmas Eve party at my great grandfather's house, opening presents at both of my grandmothers' houses on Christmas morning, taking trips to the Yankee Candle flagship store in South Deerfield, these were always the highlight of my year when I was younger.

That's was "home" for the holidays for a long time.

As I got older and got into college, those trips eventually stopped. We would still visit my grandmother on occasion, but more often she was the one visiting us. She had unfortunately passed away in 2019, and with something of a rift developing on my father's side of the family, I don't think I'll be seeing that town again.

So for a while now, "home" has been, well, my parents house. It's not the same, but we still managed to make great memories.

But now I hear the eventually plan to sell the house, buy an RV, and tour around the country for their retirement. Meaning my second "home" for the holidays will be gone soon. So yeah, that song hits hard lately.

7786999 Wait, so for your next holiday, they'll pick you up at your house and you'll tour around at the best locations? I'm jelly. You must be the luckiest person ever. You can look forward to the best holidays of your life.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2