Canterlot Wedding Blues 551 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Hey guys so I thought I'd contribute my thoughts on the S2 finale Canterlot Wedding. I have mixed feelings on it. The songs were good the confrontation was good, but the the Twilight being abandoned scene and the lack of a good apology always stings. 💔

I get that the writers were probably pressed for time and couldn't put a better one in or were just plain lazy. That weak apology Applejack gave was simply not enough, and Celestia should have said "Oh Twilight, I'm so sorry for what I said to you before." instead of "You have a real wedding to put together." Then they should have at least shown all the Mane 5 and Shining Armor approach her sadly and she smiles and hugs them all. Like Starlight Glimmer apologized to Sugar Belle and the ponies in her village. Might not be the best but it might have worked better.

My own thoughts on that though, I've made several fanfics on this episode. My first ever one is my headcanon. Something I came up with to explain why Celestia did that was because Cadance spread love around Canterlot and that filled all the ally ponies with positive energy. She was shown to make couples forget their troubles, this was just on a bigger scale. It made sense to me, even if I feel like I'm covering Celestias flank.

There was obviously something said offscreen as Shining Armor made Twilight best mare againn. But it would be better if it were shown AND good.

On a final note I have another fic on this in the works and maybe one after.

So the exact same thoughts as everyone else who've written the exact same thing with a different title?

Maybe. Though probably one or two things of my own. Don't know how many people come up with the love wave conclusion. Pretty sure I'm the first to come up with that.

Or they should have used Season 3 as a means to properly address all the shit that went down at the CW, eventually leading to what we got at the Season 3 opener.

Yeah that would have been better. They should have really drawn put the guilt and had Twilight's friends redeem themselves.

Especially considering what happened at the beginning of the season. Every single one of them reassured Twilight they wouldn't take her concerns lightly again and what do they do? Get the wool pulled over their eyes by a fony princess and are too enamored by the prospect of a royal princess to heed Twilight's concern's. It wasn't until the Changelings were literally raining down on them before they came to see reason. Twilight forgave to easily. It would have been understandable if it was the first time but that touching apologetic scene at the beginning of the season was really undermined by their refusal to listen to her warning.

In reality they would have been lucky if Twilight gave them the time of day after that negligent stunt.

Yeah. They are pretty lucky she's so forgiving. What they did was not so easy in real life and would have probably taken a LOT of work to make up for.

More than month late for this but the montage of Celestia, Shining Armor, and the Mane Five worked better instead of redoing the party.

If only if it happened like this in Avatar: The Last Airbender

Shining Armor: How could you forgave us so easily?! After what we have done to you?
Twilight Sparkle: I was never angry...I was sad that I destroyed my friendship with all of you...

Yeah, I was inspired by that scene as well to make mine. Little Sister Best Friend Forever did the same thing on fanfiction.net.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9