The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Prompted-by-Raridash
Group Contributor

I've mostly been away for the past week, if only because of my own laziness due to my homework, and I tried to enter the site today in the hopes of entering my votes in the last minute.

Sadly, it seems that the site is currently down on my side. And the system says that it is the website itself. Apparently, my browser is working, the servers at Hong Kong are working, but the damn host site's broken.

And this is what I mean:

What is the cause of this? And if there's no way to fix it until your time midnight, is there any other way I can cast my vote?

Thank you in advance,
P-b-R

Prompted-by-Raridash
Group Contributor

2457338 Indeed...

Though I always thought the internet meme was the 'dreaded' 501 or 502 errors, not the 521 error.

Jonathon Smythe
Group Contributor

2457365 Really, you should just dread any error.

And in case you were wondering, no, there is no way to fix this unless we get a hold of RogerDoger. He owns the website, so he is the only one that can fix it.

Also, where do you live? The closest CloudFlare to you is Hong Kong, so you must be somewhere in Asia.

Prompted-by-Raridash
Group Contributor

2457371 I mean, I don't generally because these things are usually much smaller in magnitude, but I'll take note.

2457406 Well, hell then.

Yes, I'm in Asia. If it'll help, I live in Singapore.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

This hasn't gone unnoticed.

Given that it's Christmas and all, i would hope that Roger has more important things to do than keep a ponyfic contest website up. I don't think anyone was actually waiting until the last minute to vote either, though I could be wrong.

Prompted-by-Raridash
Group Contributor

2457648 Yeah, you're right. I'm just being a stupid fellow because we had very little of a celebration here.

Regardless, this is a lesson learnt for me to always try to be ahead of schedule lest these things happen.

And yes, I am one of the idiots who waited till the last minute to vote... Or rather, to read and vote.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Well, we definitely want your vote! :O Hopefully they'll extend the voting time so you can get in.

Consider posting a review in the meantime? :3

Prompted-by-Raridash
Group Contributor

2460405 Done that already. :P

You may read a fanfic I've already published and attempt to guess which story I wrote. You may not like the result...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10