We Like The Prequels! 32 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Dash Attack
Group Admin

One of the many hot topics of Star Wars are the main alteration Lucas made to the original trilogy "and most recently the prequels." Wile the story is the same, small elements like CGI aliens, retcons that tie the trilogies together, and a random music number in Return of the Jedi. Depending how old you are, witch trilogy you saw first, and witch addition of Star Wars you grew up with factors to how much fans mind these changes. Wile I defend Lucas a'lot, even I can't take his side on everything. I like the Hayden and Jaba changes since a.) Sebastian Shaw is still in the movie so he wasn't deprived of his role. Also, since he's a ghost he can take any form he wants. Also, at the time, I though it added great symbolism to the seen b.) I was first introduced to Jaba the hut through that seen thinking it had always been in the movie until I watched an old VHS copy.

The added CGI aliens are in "Mind Trick" seen is my only major gripe with the changes, since they really distract you from one of the best seen and they are slapped in so sloppily. Wile I understand Old Man Lucas saw CGI as the next big thing in special effects... back then, the technology was still in it's infancy and didn't blend in well with a'lot of films. Anyway, changes or not, the originals are still great and no matter witch version you prefer, they are still awesome.

I don't mind most of the SE changes except that the CGI is kinda ugly. ANH Jabba looks especially attrocious and the scene makes no sense. (Han calls Jabba a wonderful human being, then steps on his tail and isn't hauled away by thugs or even called a nerf-herder or anything.)

As I have said before, Greedo shooting first is an uneccesary and kinda stupid change (worst shot in the galaxy!) but I don't see why people got so damn hung up on it.

Not a fan of Force Ghost Hayden, though mostly because all the other force ghosts are depicted as being the age they were when they died, so having Anakin be young for no reason breaks the pattern.

I do love Qui-Gon's force ghost, however, mainly just for the way he just shows up in the last minute, and I swear he seems to go: "What did I miss? Did we win?"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2