We Like The Prequels! 32 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Dash Attack
Group Admin

I think he's funny and a good comedic writer. I also think some of his complaints are valid. My own real beef with him is that he acts like all his points are facts. Not only that, but some of his complaints are once that can easily be ignore and don't detract from the movie. In addition, he's planted the impression that the prequels are MST3K levels of suck age.

If you wan't to see a real CGI monstrosity with bad acting and poor plot, I would like you all to watch the movie Dragon Wars. Probably the worst movie I ever payed money to see.

Also, I don't like how he insults the devoted Star Wars fans who do like the movies. He makes them sound the fans have no concept of traditional story telling and only like them because of the cool flashing lightsabers.

My last beef with him is that I hold him responsible for the prequel hate. Before he came around, nobody really complained about the prequels, and the two trilogies lived to together peacefully. Now if you so much as like any part of the movies, BANG! Flame War.

Edit: Also anyone who likes Tremors and Star Ship troopers can't be that bad. But those movies weren't really perfect either, but were still wonderful despite there flaws. I wonder why he wasn't so hard on them.

Never seen his reviews, but it does annoy me when you tell someone you like the prequels and their only rebutal is that I should totally check out this Plinkett guy and then I'll definitely change my mind. Like the only problem is that I'm uneducated, which is bullshit because I've heard all the arguments four million times already.

And besides, I don't actually take internet critics seriously. Sure, I think people like Doug Walker and Ben Croshaw are very amusing. but I don't consider them to be real critics. They're entertainers, and not liking stuff is part of their acts. Maybe they actually believe some of the stuff they're saying but that doesn't mean they're fair and unbiased.

Dash Attack
Group Admin

2000808 I love the critic, even if he's ripped apart childhood favorites of mine like Quest for Camelot and Full House. But yeah, I have alot of friends who religiously adopted every option that come out of that guy with the glasses. At least like how the critc (sometimes) find reademing qualities in some of the films. Like his last review with the Shining Mini Series, he actually admit that King did make a more compelling Jack Torrance than the one from the Kubrick film (Witch is one of my favorite movies of all time.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3