Everypony is the Best Pony 1,051 members · 6,499 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

The gryphoness suddenly collapsed, sobbing loudly; she curled into a ball and covered her head with her claws as the pegasus atop her started mercilessly striking her and the other three officers joined in on the beating. They started spitting out racial slurs and other hurtful phrases.

"Meat-Eater!"

"Ugly feather-head!"

"Murder!"

"Go back to Gryphonia!"

It wasn't long before the angry crowd- riled by her words- joined in. Ponies were naturally herd creatures after all.

"Tales from the Equestrian Others" is a Dark Adventure series with Slice of Life twist. Exciting, and fast-paced in all the right places he first installment, "The Fallen Angel of Ponyville" will leave you hungering for more!

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/397564/tales-from-the-equestrian-others--the-fallen-angel-of-ponyville

While that's nice, was it necessary to repost it in several groups?

I'm looking for feedback and advice, as well as views.
I apologize for annoying you.

No need, I'm not annoyed. It was just unnecessary. You should've just posted it in the Self Promotion group.

Eldorado

This is considered spam, so I've deleted all the copies of this thread except this one. Posting the same thread in one or two relevant groups is generally fine. Fourteen identical threads in fourteen different groups accomplishes nothing besides annoying people by spamming their feeds. People who are annoyed at you are probably not going to want to help you improve your writing.

Be courteous and respectful to your fellow fimfic users if you want them to help you out. Pretty common-sense policy there.

I'm sorry, it won't happen again.
I didn't know that I couldn't post multiple threads in different groups.

I was following the advice of a fellow admin, I won't name who, but could you please just put one or two of my threads up?

Eldorado

I deleted everything except this one, I can't restore them. If you want to repost one or two of them in relevant groups, then you can do that. None of the other threads had any replies at all, so no serious discussion was lost.

Like I said, the issue isn't posting threads in groups asking for help. This is a big part of what groups are for. Posting a thread here and there to get support is an invaluable tool that can draw a lot of eyes to a story and help you improve it. It becomes an issue when you spam the same thread out a whole bunch of times. Not only is it against site rules but it hurts you; imagine if you clicked on your own feed and had to scroll past fourteen identical threads posted by the same guy before you could get to notifications about favorite stories being updated. Most people find that incredibly annoying, and if they bother responding at all they probably won't have much nice to say.

I recommend only posting a given thread once, maybe twice, and then waiting some time before posting anywhere else. It also is a good idea to vary the content of the threads you post; you're writing about gryphons here, so maybe ask questions about your portrayal of gryphon characters in a group about stories with gryphon characters, and more technically-oriented questions in a general advice group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8