Kid Icarus 96 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Dunsparce
Group Admin

Don't lie, there's that one you hate in this game. You can NEVER get it right and you die a million times.

CENTURION STRONGARMS AND PIT'S BODY

PLEASE GOD NO

I dunno, I liked all the stages a lot, but I guess the one I like the least is The Wish Seed.

Phazon
Group Admin

It depends what Intensity I'm playing on. If it's 9.0, then without a doubt it's Ring of Chaos. The combat scheme is not designed for Magnus' solely melee fighting style, which means charging headfirst into a Centurion or Darkness Bow arrow. The Strongarm's are too tricky to dodge for the amount of damage they do. The Centurion arrows' homing is jacked up as well, making it almost impossible to dodge them reliably. But all of this I could have tolerated if they hadn't made Magnus so frustrating to use. Would it have killed the development team to let you use your equipped powers? Or at the very least a wrist-mounted crossbow with a finite ammo count?

Anyway, if it's on any lower difficulty, my least favorite would be a tie between The Reaper's Line of Sight and The Aurum Hive. Both levels are just dull, bleak and boring. It certainly doesn't help that the Aurum invasion is such blatant filler where the only plot-relevant thing that happens is Viridi calling a truce with Palutena and warming up to Pit.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1977207 I STILL LIKED PYRRHON!
The Aurum Brain is my 2nd favorite chapter, even if the Aurum were filler. C'mon, you gotta warm up a LITTLE to the overblown action hero figure.

The Hive was pretty boring, though, even if one of Hades' best lines was from it.

Phazon
Group Admin

His making an ass of himself and making the boss fight... marginally more difficult is probably the one highlight of an otherwise boring level. Just use a staff and quick charge. You'll probably be done with the boss by the time Pyrrhon finishes his foolish attack. Or, if you were dumb enough to bring an arm or a club to this chapter, there's a deep blue grind rail on the far left that brings you within inches of the Aurum Generator.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1977410 I also don't like The Three Trials. Let's fight my four least favorite bosses in the game in linear order no deaths? K.

Those bosses being Dark Lord Gaol, Cragalanche, The Phoenix, and the Kraken.

Dyntos was pretty funny at points, though.

1977090 The Three Trials is just so frickin' long!

I never replay it because of that, it just goes on and on.

Phazon
Group Admin

Yeah, the boss rush can take a while, in addition to being a bit rough. But if you want long, take a staff weapon to the Lightning Chariot chapter. You'll be there for-fucking-ever.

1986825 Actually I did use a staff on that level, kinda.

It was the Somewhat Staff so I'm not sure if it counts.

Phazon
Group Admin

Well, the Somewhat Staff is supposed to come with some homing capability at the cost of range, but it does restrict your movement speed. I myself have brought the Rose Staff to that level, which meant taking probably half an hour to complete it.

Actually, one of the Treasure Hunt achievements requires you to play that chapter on 9.0 with a club. Those things also make you move slow as molasses.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

1988926 I've changed my least favorite level to The Lightning Chariot.

It feels kind of important, but GOD does it lag on for way too long. Removes me from the game and is frustrating to 9.0 for me. Maybe it's just me being a prick and using the Magnus Club, but good god

Bookish Delight
Group Admin

I'll grab 18 from you then.

Much as I love -- and I mean really love -- its finale (I'm a sucker for Bad Futures(tm)), they forgot to put the gameplay in it.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

2008690 I freaking love Magnus, but god was his gameplay unbearable

Bookish Delight
Group Admin

Hah! Same. Magnus is in my top 5 easily. I love the straight-man/straight-woman characters.

...but the guy's about as agile as a garbage truck. :raritydespair:

Phazon
Group Admin

Magnus Club? I tried that on 9.0 and didn't get very far. Screw the speed boost, its charge attack has no range to it. Seriously, if it weren't for the powers and the ability to deflect projectiles by continuously swinging the club, you might as well be playing as Magnus again.

As for the 9.0 with a club achievement, I had better luck with either the Halo Club or the Babel Club. Can't remember which, though.

Dunsparce
Group Admin

2009029 I like the Magnus Club for Aerial. I'm trying to find an Aurum Club due to my Aurum love

The one Chapter I legitimately think they should've left out of the game or changed completely: Chapter 23.

The level itself is Nausea Fuel given form, with disgusting environments, cellular reskins of enemies, and the unfortunate facts that you're health items(which are food) are being found in Hades' DIGESTIVE TRACT. There's also the fact that the enemies don't have ANYTHING interesting about them. With the Aurum, they got a pass because the enemies: A) looked cool B) some actually had variations from the original (Aurum Monoeye could actually fire off different shots, etc.) and C) they still had their own unique enemies. The Cells? They're literally the EXACT SAME ENEMIES, just given a nauseating design.

But the one thing I hate the MOST about this chapter is the boss. That F*CKING heart is so incredibly FRUSTRATING and DIFFICULT that the only reason I'll ever be replaying Chapter 23 is so I can get that 8 IG I missed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17